TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR CAREER…
The best people are the best ingredients for our World Class company. Add yourself to the mix at The Boston Beer Company.
Just like our beer is the result of the perfect mix to the finest ingredients and products, our world-class company is the result of the perfect combination of high quality talent. The Boston Beer Company is constantly looking to add “new ingredients” to increase the quality of our organization. That “new ingredient” could be you!
About the Opportunity
We are currently looking for an Inventory Analyst. The primary function of the Inventory Analyst is to assure the timely delivery of the freshest beer possible in a cost effective manner. The Inventory Analyst is the key contact with the wholesaler in regards to order management. This position is the primary liaison between Boston Beer Operations and BBC wholesalers, sales management, and brewery personnel. The Inventory Analyst facilitates all aspects of order management, including recommending orders, developing forecasts for wholesalers, managing inventories positions at the wholesaler, analyzing inventory. In addition, the Inventory Analyst must facilitate new product launches, seasonal style transitions and specialty beer orders assuring the wholesaler receives product in a timely fashion.
Ingredients To Be A Successful Inventory Analyst:
- Manage the beer ordering process, with the end goal of delivering the freshest possible beer, in the desired timeframe, as cost effectively as possible.
- Proactively address wholesaler inventory levels, promotions, roll-outs of new sku’s, and any other issues.
- Build and recommend orders based off of wholesaler inventory position and forecasted depletions by SKU.
- Analyze the wholesalers inventory levels and forecast sales by SKU at the wholesalers.
- Report findings back to Operations and Sales groups.
- Ensure successful execution of national account mandated programs by reviewing actual orders compared to estimated mandate needs.
- Use accurate, current knowledge of brewery and wholesaler inventory levels to make rapid and sound decisions concerning distribution, beer availability, and allocation as necessary. Communicate any critical date, quantity, and/or sku deviations from planned orders to wholesalers, sales reps, and freight companies. Ensure that all beer order schedules are accurate and updated regularly.
- Serve as a “help desk” to wholesalers and sales reps by providing answers to questions, solutions to problems, and guidance through the beer ordering process.
- Responsible for batching orders into truckloads and maintaining daily shipment schedules from brewery to wholesale.
- Responsible for tracking out of stocks and solutions to out of stocks at assigned wholesalers.
- Responsible for maximizing truckload efficiency within assigned region while meeting service requirements.
- Facilitate wholesaler transfers to eliminate both overstock and out of stock situations.
- Investigate and resolve all shipping issues, including damages, mis-ships and return discrepancies.
- Special projects as designated by the National Distribution Manager.
To Be Mixed With:
- B.S / B.A., preferably in Supply Chain Management or Business Administration.
- Experience in customer service field or inventory/order management preferred.
And Served to You With...
A variety of benefits including extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discount stock purchase plan, a 401K program with a generous company match, and a competitive compensation package.
The Boston Beer Company - 19 months ago