Corporate Paralegal/Administrative Assistant|
Provide paralegal and administrative support for the Law Department.
Paralegal Duties (approximately 70% of job)
- Prepares basic legal documents including confidentiality, consulting and release agreements.
- Assist with planning, management and preparing materials for Board of Director and Shareholder meetings.
- Prepares and maintains all corporate and subsidiary records, including meeting minutes, resolutions and regulatory filings.
- Assist with administration of Business Conduct Policy and other legal/regulatory compliance programs, including online training offerings.
- Assist with administration of records management program.
- Preparation of SEC and NYSE filings.
- Research and analyze statutes, regulations, judicial decisions, and legal articles.
- Assist with litigation management and legal claims resolution.
- Assist with corporate acquisition and divestiture activities, including research, due diligence, document preparation and transaction closing.
- Special projects, including development and implementation of law department policy and productivity tools.
Administrative duties (approximately 30% of job)
- Creating and editing documents, presentations and spreadsheets.
- Filing, proofreading and other meeting activities.
- Scheduling, coordination and other activities to support internal and external meetings.
- Processing invoices and expenses.
- Telephone coverage.
- Maintain law library resources – treatises and periodicals.
- Maintain legal files, including original copies of agreements, SEC filings, etc.
- Other administrative duties as needed.
- Five (5) years experience as corporate paralegal in law firm or corporate law department.
- Paralegal certification preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with legal/software technology including board portals, matter management and corporate entities.
- Familiarity with computer search tools such as Lexis and Westlaw.
- Proficiency in MicroSoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Organizational skills- Ability to organize, plan, manage time, schedule, and coordinate resources and meeting deadlines.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Strong attention to detail; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; works well under deadlines; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative – Proactive; takes independent actions; asks for and offers help when needed; ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Professionalism – Ability to professionally and effectively communicate with senior management and members of Board of Directors.
- Positive attitude- Works well in lean environment where we all do whatever is needed to get the job done.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CareerBuilder - 18 months ago