Job Summary & Mission:
Event Planner within the Regional and Event Marketing department reporting to The Director of Planning. This person is in charge of overseeing all aspects of planning and execution for corporate business and client events. Additionally, provides assistance with local event review and implementation of departmental processes and procedures.
Key responsibilities include:
• Responsible for overall event management of 12 – 20 signature programs a year, to include the following:
o Pre-program planning and process management
o Internal client management
o Attendee Management
o Concept/Idea generation
o Budget preparation
o Venue / site evaluation and selection
o Vendor Management
o Collateral creation
o On-Site Management
o Website content and functionality
o Contract negotiation
o Overall functions related to coordination and execution of events
• Establish and maintain project communications with manager, internal team and clients, Accounting, Creative Services, and event vendors (production, décor, photography, travel).
• Strategic planning, to include assessment and management of risk within project.
• Regular reporting of event status to department and larger team, evaluation of event successes, and identification of areas for improvement.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Minimum 5 years conference planning and/or event management experience in complex corporate environment. Minimum of 3 years general business or event marketing experience.
• Heavy focus on client events preferred (golf events, sponsorships, thought leadership, experiential, etc.)
• Solid understanding of project management tools and the ability to lead and participate within cross-functional project team(s) to deliver integrated solutions to drive business results.
• High proficiency in web-based registration software (Starcite) to maximize the technology platform for attendee management related to client-facing programs.
• Comfortable assisting with programs through development, execution, and analysis.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication, negotiation and leadership skills.
• Strong event protocol/process and production knowledge.
• Event Marketing industry knowledge including trends in food, design, production and products.
• Strong venue knowledge and experience (national hotels, restaurants, performing arts/museums)
• Well versed in event and menu design, event related costing and budget generation
• Possess strong creative instincts and sound business judgement.
• Ability to learn quickly and integrate strong event planning / marketing background with the Firm approach and brand guidelines.
• Pro-active, organized, innovative, forward thinking and output-driven.
• Ability to multi-task programs and projects in a fast-paced environment with short timeframes.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office - Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
• Flexible schedule with frequent travel (30-40%).
UBS can offer you an environment geared towards performance, attractive career opportunities, and an open corporate culture that values and rewards the contribution of every individual.
UBS - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
We draw on our 150-year heritage to serve private, institutional and corporate clients worldwide, as well as retail clients in Switzerland....