- JD or PhD or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Act of 1996 and ability to use this knowledge in performing tasking;
- Experience reviewing and analyzing documents.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to follow prescribed procedures.
- Experience with medical practice, health professions, medical institutions, health insurance, HIPAA-covered entities
- Moderate facility with HIPAA legal authorities
- Confidence and finesse in dealing with the public
- Real world professional experience
- Ability to absorb substantial subject matter, think independently, eapply law to fact, and offer measured responses to the general public
- Seek internal issue guidance to ensure accurate and efficient responses
Specific Job Description
Following established guidelines to investigate possible Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Act of 1996 complaints. Gathers, prepares, summarizes relevant materials for use by attorneys and other legal counsel. Maintains case files of new and existing complaints; performs legal research; indexes, tracks documents being sent to possible complainants. Responds to citizen correspondence and telephone calls.
Standard Job Description
Paralegal/Legal Assistant II
LMCareers Business Unit
ESS0997 IS&GS-CIVIL (S8200)
Info Systems & Global Sol
Mega 3 (HHS)
7254024:BPS - SCA Labor Pool
District of Columbia
STANDARD-Mon-Fri/8 hours a day