Monsanto is seeking highly motivated individuals with the ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary breeding team. Monsanto is recruiting for several Field Station Manager roles throughout the United States and a relocation package will be offered. The Field Operations Manager (known as the Testing Operations Manager internally) partners with the on site Breeders to support individual program needs and work priorities to ensure that they are accomplished. The incumbent will maintain site responsibility partnerships to ensure efficient work flow and work load balancing.
The Testing Operations Manager is responsible for all day-to-day operations of the testing program. The Testing Manager will also be reponsible for the general operations of a multifunctional research site. This individual is critical to research implementation and will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge proprietary field research equipment, superior genetic material, and help drive large yield testing programs.
Ensure that site staff is trained in all ESH procedures, regulatory and compliance protocols, and business conduct protocols
Acquire and maintain facilities and equipment for effective and efficient functioning of all programs
Participate in the hiring, training and supervision of program support staff
Process seed for Monsanto Testing and packet and set up Pre-Commercial experiments as required
Administer the recruiting, training, development and retention of station personnel
Various US locations Available. Relocation package offered.
- BS in Plant Breeding, Agronomy or related field of study and 5+ years of significant people and project management in an agricultural-related position.
- Broad knowledge of crop production and farming practices.
- Experience with farm equipment operation and repair.
- The ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Strong computer skills related to data acquisition, organization, and data analysis.
- MS in Plant Breeding, Agronomy or related field of study with 3+ years of significant people and project management experience in an agricultural-related research position.
- Good working knowledge of statistics and experimental design
Monsanto - 21 months ago
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...