~THIS POSITION CAN BE LOCATED IN ANY MAJOR CITY WITHIN VERMONT/NEW HAMPSHIRE~
The Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant (LOA) position is responsible for providing assistance to their assigned Retail Mortgage Loan Officer (RMLO) as they work to convert prospective clients into closed/funded loans. Through providing sales assistance, loan coordination, document collection, customer service and follow through with all facets of the loan origination process to the assigned RMLO, the incumbent will substantially increase the RMLO productivity.
• Assist the assigned RMLO with all tasks related to loan production, to include loan application and origination, pricing, coordination with operations teams and follow up with customers.
• Review and assist processor on incoming loan applications, provide loan RMLO with feedback on prospect or referral source.
• Handle correspondence for RMLO’s and provide backup service to customers in their absence.
• Assist RMLO with reports, analysis and statistics to help maximize selling opportunities and funded loans.
• Maintain current loan and pricing information on the appropriate websites.
• Learn all applicable loan programs and processes and stay current with changes and new products.
• Learn and utilize various in-house technical systems and programs to provide optimal support to their RMLO..
• Provide administrative and sales support to RMLO with all 3rd party referral sources, borrower prospects and their processor for all loans in the pipeline.
• Adhere to all federal and state compliance guidelines relative to the retail mortgage lending.
Minimum Qualifications: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
• Must be knowledgeable of FNMA/FHLMC,FHA, VA and all current mortgage loan products in market
• Must have good working knowledge of current mortgage lending compliance and regulatory requirements.
• Must be eager to learn and develop mortgage sales knowledge.
• Must be a self-starter and self motivated to meet job expectations and goals.
• Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines.
• Possess superior customer service skills
• Must be organized and responsible and able to use good judgment.
• Ability to learn and operate technical systems and programs quickly.
• Ability to use MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Windows, MS-Outlook and the internet effectively.
Training and Experience
• 4-year college degree strongly preferred.
• Strong interest in a sales career.
• 3-4 years current retail mortgage origination sales experience required.
Pre-Employment Screening Includes:
• Assessment Screening
• Credit Check
• Criminal Background Check
• Drug Screen – after offer of employment is extended and before start date
• Past Employment Verification
• Social Security Verification
Everbank - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
EverBank Financial and its subsidiaries provide a range of financial services including banking, investment services, lending, commercial...