Senior Teradata Security Architect-INF0001748
A Senior Teradata Security Architect is accountable for the quality and cohesion of the global information security architecture across the GM enterprise. They are responsiblity for driving conformance to global secuirty policy, controls and technical security standards and for ensuring that alignment with overall enterprise architecture golas and GM IT Standards. The IT Security Engineer is responsible for effective reuse of security architecture building blocks and leading efforts in creating security architecture components that can be reused across the enterprise in the areas of storage, server, database, application and telecommunication.
This is a technical leadership position responsible for leading the definition and implementation of GM IT Security technology direction, standards and technology roadmaps across all business and technical domains.
The Senior Teradata Security Architect is responsible for leading fact-based technical evaluations and implementations of new security technologies, processes and methodologies to meet IT and business requirements to mitigate risk.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
- Accountable for global enforcement of security policies, controls and standards.
- Accountable for implementing the strategy that all applications, storage, servers, databases and telecommunications are fully secure against unauthorized access, inappropriate penetration, web intrusion, denial of service attacks and all other vulnerabilities.
- Accountable for leading development of security architectures to support a large scale global user community with complex information authorization rules and requirements.
- Accountable for conducting fact-based evaluations of security architecture alternatives, mediate opposing viewpoints and negotiate equitable outcomes that ensure stable solutions.
- Accountable for developing project artifacts, inclusive of requirements definition, design, architecture (logical/physical), testing and transition to sustain documentation
- Evaluate and recommend new security technologies, processes and methodologies. Conducts these reviews in a timely manner in order to support project timing requirements while balancing the need for architectural conformance with business needs.
- Responsible for guiding the deployment of Identity & Access management architectures and infrastructures (including Single Sign on, Public Key Infrastructure, Web Access management, Federated Access Management) and Enterprise Directories.
- Leads the evaluation and selection of GM information security standards from a technical architecture perspective. Supports development of strategic security architecture roadmap.
- Contributes to the identification and development of enterprise-wide security requirements based on industry experience and best practices.
- Leads collaboration with performing suppliers and vendors supporting global Information Security threat management initiatives
- Drive maintenance and continuous evaluation of cyber threat intelligence sources for changes that can increase effective and timely response.
- Key contributor to Security Incident Management and Investigations activities.
- Required to work on-call shifts in a 24x7 support environment.
Expert demonstrating proficiency in a wide range of information security technologies and platforms
- Expert high level of analytical ability where problems are typically unusual and difficult - gather and interpret complex quantitative or qualitative data
- Expert knowledge and experience in Security Incident Management processes and best practices.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of server technology, storage architectures and application platform technologies, telecommunications, database technologies
- Hands on experience with Enterprise Directory and Access/Authentication Technologies
- Knowledge of multiple security monitoring and data protection tools
- Experience with Operating System and scripting/programming languages
- Working knowledge and experience in Security Incident Management processes and best practices.
- Deep hands-on practical experience developing security architectures to support a large scale global user community with complex information authorization rules and requirements.
- Deep hands on ability to conduct fact-based evaluations of security architecture alternatives, mediate opposing viewpoints and negotiate equitable outcomes that ensure stable solutions.
- Deep hands on at developing project artifacts, inclusive of requirements definition, design, architecture (logical/physical), testing and transition to sustain documentation
- Leader at implementing and operating security monitoring and data protection solutions in a complex, large-scale environment
- Leadr at developing detailed, effective security policies and controls
- Leader ability to troubleshoot, evaluate, assess and recommend remediation of technical security architectures and applications in a crisis management situation. .
- Leader ability to diagnose and remediate large scale multi-tiered application systems, including the underlying infrastructure is essential.
- Leader ability to conduct detailed application, telecommunication, storage, server and database security risk assessments
- Leader ability to identify and appropriately apply current information security technologies across multiple projects and platforms driving business focused results.
- Outstanding oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding team and collaboration skills
- Experienced and comfortable working in a high stress, delivery focused environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Outstanding action oriented, process/program management skills
Bachelor's degree in technical discipline preferred or equivalent experience required.
Master’s degree preferred.
Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP) certification
Primary Location: US-MI-Detroit
- Minimum 12-15 years experience in security governance, security architecture development and implementation, industry accepted security technologies, and integration of security requirements into architecture components used by systems engineers and developers.
- Mininum 7-12 years of IT security analysis and Incident response experience, preferably in a large Security Operations Centre (SOC) environment.
- Experience with security monitoring and data loss protection technologies
- Demonstrated experience in successfully translating business strategy, objectives, and future-state capabilities into implied security requirements while maintaining traceability between them through deployment and benefits realization.
- Demonstrated experience in developing contextual and conceptual security architecture deliverables at a domain or enterprise level – not just technical solution architecture deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical IT security problems through appropriate and cost effective application of current technological components.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interface with IT and business management and Performing Suppliers
- Demonstrated experience leading and directing technical teams in a global environment including design and development teams or solution architecture teams. Additionally, experience with enterprise data management, enterprise data security frameworks and data warehousing is preferred.
Posting Date : Jun 20, 2012, 4:14:07 PM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology
General Motors - 16 months ago
Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world.
From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art plants...