The Corporate Internet Group (CIG) is a Chase department that supports Chase.com and other public Internet sites for many JPMorganChase lines of business. CIG is comprised of over 400 professionals located in Delaware, NY/NJ, Ohio, and Illinois and has several offshore components. The group consists of senior business strategists, developers, infrastructure and architecture specialists, usability professionals, interactive designers, editors, project support and operations staff. J.P. Morgan Chase's online sites are currently among the top ranked in the industry. CIG's goal is to provide consistent, integrated internet applications that are intuitive, dependable, and easy to use for all customers.
CIG Environment Management Dept Overview:
The Environment Management and Planning group within CIG has primary responsibility for the maintenance and daily operation of the CIG testing websites and associated infrastructure. This includes ensuring maximum test site availability to internal clients and Line of Business (LoB) partners; health monitoring of key servers, processes, and application components; detecting, owning, and resolving non-production issues; and coordinating application code builds and deployments. In addition, the Environment Mgmt team also serves proactive functions to plan and deploy technology and infrastructure upgrades to the test sites; to provide release-level environment planning and coordination; and to drive the delivery of infrastructure work to the test environments either as part of LoB discretionary projects or as part of internal infrastructure initiatives.
Test Environment Readiness
has three primary responsibilities: 1) ownership of the successful delivery of test environments to support all pre release testing activities; 2) provide a single environment readiness point of contact for all Tech Ops issues, dependencies, and delivery; and 3) create and manage environment readiness projects including all resources and tasks. Other responsibilities include the following.
- Provide planning estimates for environment readiness proposals
- Work with Tech Ops resource managers to obtain technical resources (e.g. database administrators, Websphere or Weblogic engineers, UNIX or Windows system administrators, web operations engineers, performance testers, environment build and support) necessary to deliver project objectives
- Identify and specify high level tasks and activities, along with interim target dates for project delivery
- Create detailed project plans specifying tasks, resources, milestones, dependencies and deadlines
- Actively manage project plans to ensure that work is completed on time, on track, and on budget and that all resources are aware of goals and objectives
- Identify, own, and drive the resolution of any technical operations issues that arise throughout the project lifecycle - development through QA/UAT
- Ensure that all necessary hardware, system software, and third party products are planned for and managed as part of the environment readiness plans
- Know and follow partner processes (e.g. corporate technology GTI) to obtain necessary changes and support, particularly for network and data center requirements
- Identify and establish any new interfaces or connectivity required (e.g. new firewall rules, new file transfers)
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum seven years of technical and project management experience required
- Experienced with infrastructure components and the integration into application architecture
- Experience driving Infrastructure focused project efforts and managing technical operations resources
- Experience communicating statuses and updates to all levels of management
- Strong issue management and resolution skills
- Understand the software development life cycle
- Intermediate experience with Visio and Excel
- Preferred experience with XML and web services, UNIX Operating systems (Solaris and Red Hat Linux platforms), multi -tier environments (web/app/dB)
US-OH-Columbus-Polaris McCoy Center / 54101
Strategy & Development
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...