Infor is the third largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises or both. For additional information, visit www.infor.com .
POSITION: Information Developer
LOCATION: Portsmouth, NH
The information developer plans, organizes, writes and codes online help, user, installation, and release-related documentation for business software. The information developer works closely with development teams that include programmers, business analysts, quality assurance specialists, and customer support consultants.
* Research and gather information; interpret software business and technical designs and conduct interviews with subject matter experts.
* Determine the most important information about a product, function, or task from the audience perspective; provide key content that enables users to understand, process, and complete steps that result in successful use of a software application.
* Write content that is clear, concise, grammatically correct, and adheres to standards.
* Work with designated reviewers to ensure technical accuracy and appropriateness of documentation.
* Create, test, and troubleshoot online help for assigned software applications.
* Plan projects and schedules, balance multiple projects, and follow through on project deadlines and deliverables.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum Bachelor’s degree in technical writing, information design, business, or computer science or the equivalent level of technical training and work experience.
* Three to eight years of experience as technical writer or information developer.
* Excellent English language usage skills.
* Works well both as a member of a documentation team and as a sole writer.
* Thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment; manages time effectively resulting in maximum overall efficiency.
* Applies advanced problem solving and analytic skills; resourceful and creative in devising processes and solutions.
* Takes an active role in projects, presents ideas in a constructive manner, demonstrates openness and builds on the ideas of others.
* Experience using Adobe technical writing authoring tools including FrameMaker and RoboHelp.
* Good PC skills with knowledge of various operating systems, file management tools, graphic design tools, and common MS office applications.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Knowledge of ERP software.
* Experience writing for mobile applications.
* Competent visual design knowledge and ability to use tools to produce diagrams.
* Strong negotiation, analytical, and problem solving skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Infor, please call (678) 319-8000 or email us at ADAAA@infor.com .
To apply, please click on the following link: ADD LINK HERE. No recruiters, please
Infor Global Solutions - 20 months ago
Before manufacturers and distributors get products to the shelf, Infor Global Solutions gets software to their computers. The company...