GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As the Factory Information Systems (FIS) leader for the Refrigeration plant, this role will provide daily systems support as well as execute FIS projects that help drive key business metrics in a LEAN manufacturing environment.
*Live, promote and teach the GE Production System philosophy and drive continuous improvement in the technical process areas. Coach and develop team leaders to ensure standard work and escalation processes are followed
*Support (provide training, resolve issues, and develop system enhancements) existing factory information systems.
*Manage FIS projects through all phases of the development life cycle including design, programming, simulation & testing, and start-up.
* Responsible for configuring and programming automation and controls systems involving HMI (human machine interface), MMI (man-machine interface), or SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) systems.
* Interface with end-users to document functional requirements and work with cross-functional teams to deliver robust technical solutions in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
* Provide detailed scoping (functional specs, technical specs, costs, schedules, etc) for FIS projects and successfully lead them through the Supply Chain Tollgate review process.
* Develop and implement standard engineering practices, as well as provide detailed documentation upon project completion to ensure systems are supportable.
*Technical Degree (or Equivalent Experience).
* Significant experience in HMI, MMI, or SCADA logic and programming with any of the following software packages: GE Cimplicity, Wonderware, Rockwell, Intellution, etc.
* Significant experience with Visual Basic, VB.NET and Microsoft SQL Server.
* Proven project management/implementation experience.
* Significant experience in manufacturing plant environment.
* Strong problem solving skills and the ability to collaborate with a wide range of functions at all levels.
* High initiative self-starter, results and schedule oriented. Must be able to work independently and interact effectively with multifunctional/multicultural teams.
* Willing and able to travel if needed.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Bachelor degree in engineering, computer science, or technical discipline.
* Controls experience interfacing hardware and software to support factory floor systems.
* Proven experience working with GE SCADA software and PLC’s.
* Excellent project tracking and detailed planning skills.
* Strong understanding of LEAN manufacturing concepts.
* Six Sigma Green Belt or higher certification.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
GE Home & Business Solutions consists of two business segments. Appliances and Lighting.
At GE Appliances, we are imagination at...