Req Id 13326 - Posted 08/02/2013 - Stores - United States - MO - Summit Fair, Lees Summitt
DSW is the destination for savvy shoe lovers everywhere. Aisles are filled with women’s and men’s dress, casual, and athletic shoes in an easy, self-service shopping environment. With a rapidly growing number of DSW stores and leased departments for other retailers, an ecommerce site, and a mobile site, DSW is fast becoming America’s Favorite Place for Shoes! We also hope to become America’s Favorite Place to Work by hiring candidates who exhibit our values: passion, accountability, collaboration, and humility.
The DSW Sales Associate exhibits passionate, friendly, helpful and real customer service. Executes the customer service model “Check, Check, Match” while always putting the customer before any task. Performs the following functions: customer service, signing up new Rewards members, cashiering, store operations and merchandising. Complies with all policies and procedures associated with position, including maintaining a 95% attendance record. Based on store volume, reports to Store Manager, Merchandise or Operations Manager. No direct reports.
1. Customer engagement and promoting the DSW Rewards program: Greets every customer in the store, reading customer cues to “Match” service level to their expectations, explaining the rewards program and its benefits while ensuring Passionate, Friendly, Helpful and Real Service.
2. Cashiering: Rings up customers while following the DSW cash handling policies and register procedures.
3. Store operations: Maintains a clean and organized store. Includes but is not limited to picking up trash in the aisles, returning shoes back where they belong according to DSW standards, cleaning the associate break room and restrooms, vacuuming the store, cleaning mirrors, cleaning the front walkway/stoop of the store, and any other housekeeping items deemed necessary.
4. Merchandising: Unloads merchandise from trucks, places merchandise on the sales floor per DSW standards, completes markdowns, maintains clearance area standards, fills accessories, organizes and maintains the stockroom
WHERE SHOE LOVERS SHOP. WHERE SHOE LOVERS WORK.
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Operate a calculator
- Operate a terminal keyboard
- Read and interpret price ticket information
- No previous retail experience required.
- Minimum 1 year retail experience as Cashier, Retail Floor Generalist, Store Receiver preferred
- Minimum H.S. Diploma
DSW Inc. - 7 months ago