Summit Technologies, Inc. has a full-time employment opportunity for a
Human Resources Assistant , located in West Hartford, CT .
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Provide immediate support to HR and Accounting staff.
- Produce and forward company offer letters & welcome packages to potential new hires.
- Complete background verifications for new hires; monitor and file drug screening results.
- Provide benefit information and enroll employees into company benefits (Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401K, Long Term/Short Term Disability, Worker’s Compensation, FMLA, FSA).
- Work closely with payroll to ensure individual benefit changes are reflected within employee pay deductions.
- Compile requested documents for benefit audits & assist with open enrollments.
- Maintain and update benefits and employee records & ensure files are in accordance with state & federal regulations.
- Investigate and resolve problematic employee issues.
- Serve as frontline HR representative for all company employees.
- Secure travel and lodging arrangements for interview candidates, and prepare interview schedules as needed.
- Be a strong multi-tasker.
- Must be a problem solver
Candidates selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- At least 2 years of Human Resources or Administrative experience, or an HR Management Degree to compensate years of experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office & Outlook skills, a must. Also be able to quickly learn new software programs. Deltek experience a plus.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply skills immediately in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multitask, be pro-active, and work well under pressure
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Good oral and written communication, interpersonal and management skills are required.
- US Citizenship is required, as you may have to obtain a US Government Clearance.
If you feel you are qualified and want to be considered for this position, please supply the following to Recruiter
- Updated resume including MM/YYYY for each employer
- Compensation requirements
- Best times/dates to interview (plus phone # you can best be contacted at)
- Availability to start once given formal offer