Requisition ID 10157BR
Title Pharma Field Sales - District Business Manager (DBM) - BIRMINGHAM, AL
Job Category Sales
Job Description Pharma Field Sales - District Business Manager (DBM) - Birmingham, AL
To develop and lead sales teams in the execution of sales strategies that increase profitability to maximize sales objectives. Works with RBD to manage, train, develop staff, and prepare regional budget and business plans. This is an entry level district business manager position.
Reports to the Regional Business Director. Manages a region’s sales force, and has direct supervisory responsibility for Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives. Works closely with RBD, peers and the home office to achieve sales objectives and to ensure the development of people. Other relationships include physicians, key accounts, co-promotion partners, associations, field and home office personnel.
- Work to develop a full understanding of the content and then execute the regional business plan to achieve the fulfillment of Plan objectives/requirements. This includes delivery-of-care system delineation, account targeting, needs assessment, and program implementation.
- Execute regional level account targeting strategy in business unit to fulfill regional account targeting strategy requirements.
- Manage business unit customer needs assessment. Apply assessment frameworks against accounts in region by overseeing DCS account assessment activities. Identify program/service requirements for addressing needs. Work with the VP Diabetes Sales, Field Sales, Regional Directors and appropriate home office management to feed requirements into program development (contracting, marketing programs).
- Oversee regional account relationship development/management. Manage critical regional account relationships and set account relationship development objectives for regional staff.
- Manage regional resource allocation.
- Monitor regional program/initiative effectiveness.
- Monitor performance against strategic account management objectives/directives.
- Ensure contractual requirements are met for the region (# of physician calls per day).
- Work with RBD, DBMs, home office and CSO counterparts to gain insight into programs and initiatives.
- Gain an understanding of regional level coordination between field resources, intra-organization resources and inter-organizational resources. Work with RBD to incorporate district.
- Ensure appropriate level of coordination to attain regional business plan objectives.
ADHERE TO AND SUPPORT COMPANY POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND SALES/MARKETING DIRECTION. IMPLEMENT COMPANY POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND SALES/MARKETING DIRECTION THROUGHOUT THE RBU
- Communicate Regional activity of competitive products through timely submission of monthly highlight reports as directed.
- Review and audit expense reports.
- Evaluate appropriate use of regional resources to ensure attainment of profitability goals.
- Develop and monitor performance against regional budgets.
- Establish and oversee regional implementation, and monitor adherence to administrative policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of administrative requirements.
DEVELOPMENT OF PEOPLE/MANAGEMENT
- Monitor and reinforce the use of the Sales Force Automation System.
- Ensure timely and accurate transmission of DCS call data.
- Adhere to the Prescription Drug Marketing Act of 1987 and all related Novo Nordisk policies regarding the judicious use of physician samples and stock items.
ATTAIN AND MAINTAIN PROFICIENT LEVELS OF NNPI AND COMPETITIVE PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE
- Fill open territories with high quality talent within 6 weeks.
- Ensure that reporting personnel have Performance Achievement Plans with annual goals and measurements that are consistent with the priorities of the business, and that interim reviews are held so that their work is focused on those priorities, and they understand their level of accountability for results and the measurement process.
- Manage the application and communication of all Novo Nordisk policies, procedures, and Novo Nordisk Way of Management.
- Ensure that development and training plans are in place for all reporting personnel to enable the achievement of goals and capability to assume increased levels of responsibility.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Continuously improve the knowledge of Novo Nordisk products, competitive products, and management skills through ongoing home study and participation in company sponsored/approved training programs.
- At least 5 Years Progressive Pharmaceutical/Healthcare Sales experience required
- 2 Years Previous Supervisory experience preferred
- Bachelor Degree required from College or University accredited by an organization recognized by the US Department of Education; major in Business or Marketing preferred.
- Top 20% sales ranking for 1 out of last 2 years, documented (Regionally)
Department SALES - BIRMINGHAM AL
- A minimum of 50% travel required.
- Works within NNPI’s established policies and procedures and ensures alignment of their work to Novo Nordisk Fundamentals.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive pharmaceutical/healthcare sales experience required.
- Significant record of sales accomplishments.
- Two years previous supervisory experience preferred.
Position Location US - Field Based - Across US
State/Provinces US - AL
Degree Required Bachelor's Degree Required
Percent Travel 40 - 50%
Novo Nordisk - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Novo Nordisk A/S is a Denmark-based healthcare company. The Company provides diabetes care and is engaged in haemostasis management, growth...