The Schneider National maintenance team is a highly-skilled group of mechanics who work hard to deliver safe, dependable equipment to our drivers. As our business continues to grow, so does our need for qualified mechanic associates. From a single truck over 75 years ago to our fleet of over 10,000 tractors and 40,000 trailers today, we employ 650 mechanics across our network of shop facilities nationwide. In this role, you will work in a safe, clean, organized workspace. We will provide the training, parts and shop tooling needed to complete high-quality repairs effectively. We utilize the latest technology and equipment design, as well as OEM training to support you. In addition, our shop leadership team ranks among the best in the industry – many are former master mechanics with years of Schneider shop experience. |
This is an ideal position for new diesel technical school graduate, a person with military mechanic experience, or someone with one or more years of tractor/trailer mechanic experience.
Begin your journey today. Complete the online application and we’ll help you on your way to a great new career.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of duties in the trailer, tractor, and express areas of the shop to include completing Planned Maintenance (PMs), and annual inspections. Typical work involves electrical and lighting repairs, brake work, satellite communication/tracking system repairs, external engine components, AC blower motors, repairs to trailer doors and seals, some body work, and chassis/suspension work.
- A clean, safe working environment.
- Company Paid Training.
- Uniforms provided / Safety Shoe Program.
- 401K with company match & Profit Share Plan.
- Hourly pay – not flat rate.
- Overtime pay.
- Weekly Pay.
- Performance based pay.
- Paid Vacation, Flex Days and Holiday Pay.
- Education Reimbursement Program.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance.
- Wellness programs available to include Smoking Cessation & Adoption benefits.
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Referral rewards program.
Valid driver’s license. High School Diploma or GED required. Technical degree or 1 or more years industry experience or military mechanic. Basic computer skills required. Ability to provide your own basic hand tools. Must become a certified Brake Inspector and Annual Vehicle Inspector (only after associate meets DOT requirements) within 6 months of being hired as a General Mechanic. Strong customer service skills. Strong oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to read technical manuals. Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and written, and have the ability to read and understand English.
Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in the...