Helena Sand and Gravel
Job Requisition ID: 37759
Job Type: Equipment Operator
Work Time: Regular
State: Montana (US-MT)
Postal/Zip Code: 59748
Job Title: Equipment Operator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of various types of construction equipment including but not limited to Loaders, Back Hoes, Track Hoes, Haul Trucks, Water Trucks, Etc. Various manual labor tasks may also be required for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Responsible for safe slopes on excavations and proper barricading.
- Locate utilities and other buried lines prior to digging.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor.
- Knowledge of trenching and shoring standards.
- Prepares ground surfaces for the road building process. Removes debris out of the construction patKeep time and material records.
- Knowledge of aggregate sizes and classifications.
- Knowledge of weight requirements of loads leaving the pit.
- 40 hr. Hazwopper certification
- Travel from interstate highway to rural dirt roads from various locations.
- May assist Laborer at various job sites as needed. May perform physical tasks involved with laying pipe and utility lines, and/or tasks involved with road construction and laying asphalt, etc.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- Previous heavy equipment operation experience or training is preferred.
- Previous pipe and bank man experience is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid driver’s license required.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This position may require travel depending on project location.
Helena Sand and Gravel is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Helena Sand and Gravel is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...