Full-time regular, 40 hours/week
FUNCTION OF JOB
Under limited supervision, design, develop and implement complex business computer systems involving PeopleSoft to meet organizational needs. Perform extensive user coordination and provide project leadership.
1. Design, develop and implement complex computer systems to meet organizational needs. Interact with users to understand system needs; prepare system flows, file structures, screen layouts, and report formats; code highly complex computer programs.
2. Perform unit and system tests to ensure system integrity.
3. Prepare operations and system documentation to adhere to departmental standards.
4. Support production systems to ensure that they operate in an error-free and efficient manner. Resolve production problems to minimize customer disruption; monitor systems to ensure efficient processing.
5. Provide on-call support to ensure timely resolution of production problems.
6. Maintain a working knowledge of programming languages, development tools, and file structures to ensure efficient systems development. Provide technical leadership to assist less experienced personnel in maintaining skills and in proper utilization of diverse, multi-platform environments.
7. Interact with peers in the Information Services Department to ensure uniform application of technologies throughout the Medical Center.
8. Serve as an administrative back-up during the manager's absence, if requested.
9. Perform other related duties incidental to work described herein.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor's degree with computer courses.
2. Six years experience in computer programming and systems development or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Specific programming and systems experience will be required based on job assignment.
4. Demonstrated verbal and analytical skills.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Education and/or experience beyond the minimum required.
Generic Job Description
Sr Programmer/Analyst - Staff Specialist
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Wake Forest University Health Sciences to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.
Wake Forest University Health Sciences - 2 years ago
Demon Deacons may sound like a weary clergyman's nightmare but at Wake Forest, it's something to cheer about. Wake Forest...