Administratively assists the Human Resource Director of the Northeast Region.
Must be organized, detail oriented, able to work independently and possess excellent verbal and written communications skills. Computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Responsible for the Recruitment of field level positions
- Assist in the discipline process as outlined in the union contracts
- Data entry and verification in our HRIS system updating various items such as address changes, data input for new hires, training, etc
- Assemble reports, compiles data, and summarizes records/reports manually or using basic computer programs
- Provides clerical support for preparation on presentation materials such as information packets, new hire packets, and PowerPoint presentations
- Assists employees with benefit questions, completing forms, and other similar situations as they arise
- May assist in processing requests to assist in the administration of required regulatory policies such as FMLA, FELA, and company administered policies
- Must be familiar with these Federal and State regulations
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience Required: 2- 3 years’ experience in the field of Human Resources. Proficient in HRIS systems and Microsoft Office - specifically Excel, Word, Outlook
- Experience Preferred: 4 - 5 years' relevant experience
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. - 14 months ago
Genesee & Wyoming (GWI) once relied on the salt of the earth -- hauling salt on a 14-mile railroad for one customer. Now, however, the...