Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We currently seek Outside Sales Specialists to join our Software and Peripherals (S&P) team in Kansas/Nebraska, to provide our world-class S&P solutions to our major public accounts and state/local government clients.
Dell’s end-to-end software and peripherals solutions are customizable to all major public accounts/state and local government agencies and organizations, regardless of size or purpose.
- Must be based in Kansas/Nebraska - only local candidates considered*
- Sells Dell's specialized proprietary software, 3rd party licensed software, and related services and peripherals and accessories to major public accounts/state and local government agencies and organizations and is called into accounts to identify and support opportunities.
- Proactively identifies and solves customer business problems by providing subject matter expertise and by using higher complexity product and services lines to create solutions.
- Manages a territory or group of accounts to ensure opportunities are identified and closed.
- Attains volume objectives.
- Refers leads beyond the scope of this job to other sellers within the organization.
- Usually assigned an overlay or shared quota.
- Deployed against qualified opportunities.
- Customarily and regularly engaged at customer/client facilities and delivers high impact presentations leveraging strong technical skills.
- Understands and communicates technology roadmaps and vision and associated technical advantages of the proposed solution.
- Recommends product and service configurations to assist with overall system design and integration.
- Anticipates how market and competitive factors will influence the selling of Dell products and services.
- Long-term vision of business/technology direction for Dell.
- Advises customers/Dell on strategic business and technology plans.
- Recognized internally and externally as a thought leader on the industry, the Dell business model and competitors.
- Effectively exercises power and influences key decisions for the benefit of Dell and the customer.
- Works effectively with functional leaders throughout the organization.
- At this level, supports highly complex opportunities. Works off an overlay quota.
- Gains access and manages relationships with senior level technical personnel and decision makers.
- Demonstrates the value of a product and/or service technology to advance customer’s business objectives.
- Investigates matters of significance discovered by other product specialists to ensure that appropriate solutions are developed to address current and potential problems.
- Provides insight and thought leadership to customers concerning applicability of highly complex products and service technologies.
- Uncovers critical processes and validates operational strengths and challenges within the customer’s environment.
- Analyzes and applies industry, competitor and market knowledge to positive value of Dell solution.
- Leverages third party/channel expertise to position the overall value of the Dell solution.
- Serves as lead to other product specialists or cross functional technical groups.
- Advanced level professional, complete understanding of Dell’s technology, and product and services portfolio.
- Occasional coaching/mentoring required.
Must have experience selling enterprise-level software solutions to major public accounts/state and local governments in Kansas and/or Nebraska.
- 5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong knowledge of technical products, vendors, and families of technologies.
- Strong knowledge of product configurations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel, and leadership.
- Bachelors Degree preferred, software certifications a plus.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, visit:
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Life at Dell
Learn about Dell culture, the interviewing process and benefits offered in your location:
Life at Dell
Dell Financial Services L.P. - 2 years ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...