General Summary of Job Duties
Manages, supervises, and coordinates the work activities of Slot department, and all operational departments.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Observes slot department employees during the performance of their duties to ensure a high level of competency, and performance.
- Inform General Manager and Slot Manager of all property activities and personnel issues on a daily basis through various modes of communication. (shift logs, e-mail, voicemail)
- Sign all Title 31 related documents. Sign overrides, damaged TITO tickets to be paid at the main cage and all related documents such as TITO problem log etc. Perform table drop on closing shifts.
- Monitor property interior and exterior for cleanliness, and safety concerns that affect our guests and employees.
- Monitor, instruct, and enforce all slot department and casino employees regarding the observance of the ICMP, and Gaming Regulations. Report any concerns and/or violations to BHWK compliance officer and General Manger in a timely manner.
- Coordinate, organize, and execute Slot department training procedures to develop staff.
- Partners with Slot Manager to review, recommend, and advise Senior Management regarding the acquisition of slot related products and equipment and services.
- Provide and promote premium levels of customer service by providing direction and answers concerning any of the slot team issues.
- Supervise Slot Floor personnel during assigned shift.
- Supervise Slot Tech personnel during assigned shift.
- Supervise all departments during assigned shift.
- Report any issues that happened during assigned shift to appropriate department head.
- Serve as liaison between casino and Division of Gaming
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Manage staff effectively with timely reviews and address performance issues.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- TEAM WORK
- Share and explain information.
- Involve managers and employees in business development decisions and cost savings initiatives.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.