Can you run large cross-team projects that deliver cutting edge software and services? Are you equally comfortable digging in to business requirements as drilling into architecture and design with development teams? Do you want to take the best retail platform in the world and merge it with state of the art device technology? Amazon's Digital Services division needs a strong Technical Program Manager with a strong delivery focus to own and execute large scale programs of our Kindle device software and services.
This role requires working with product management to define strategy and requirements, and leading cross functional development teams from design through delivery, and managing the timelines for all supporting software and services to support the various device and platform projects. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
The ideal candidate is a creative, demonstrated leader/manager with superior analytical abilities. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. The candidate is not just a policy maker/spokesperson but drives to get things done. At the core of the position is delivery.
Qualified candidates have extensive experience defining projects and programs, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets; as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection and communicating results throughout the organization.
Knowledge of the following is required; service-oriented architecture, product development (including C++, Java, XML, messaging protocols, and Web Services), build processes, project management, release schedules. The ideal candidate will have 8 or more years of relevant work experience in internet-related project and/or technical product management in a software applications environment. An undergraduate degree in software-product management, computer science, or equivalent experience required.
• 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
• 3+ years of coding experience in Java, C++, and Perl
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
• A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Amazon.com - 12 months ago
Amazon.com is an American international multibillion dollar electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, United...