Design, implement and maintain Fire Alarm Sensors (Smoke Detectors) and Notification Devices from specification through production. Emphasis is on electrical design, project completion, engineering documentation, and product agency certification.
You will perform the following duties
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in digital and analogue circuits design and meeting EMC requirements.
- Experience in PCB schematic capture and PCB process methodology
- Experience in evaluating synchronous and digital clock products and systems
- Experience in the field of system engineering – especially specification practice and design qualification techniques
- A good understanding of DFM/ Trouble Shooting/ Statistics/ Reliability techniques and project planning
- Schematic capture using tools like OrCAD, DxDesigner, etc.
- PCB layout review using Gerber and PAD output
- Proto-type testing and verification testing
- Documentation including: BOMs, schematics, tech writing information, component specs,etc.
- Coordinate certification of Fire products and systems (planning, costing, and strategy)
- Liaise with approval and certification agencies to support the approval and certification process of products
- Complete certification submissions to laboratories and ensure all requirements are in place prior to submission
- Communicate with certification labs (UL, FM, BRE, ANPI, etc.) to get Fire products listed
- Engineering design testing and verification
- Maintain design project on schedule and cost estimate targets
- Enhance and maintain existing fire detection products including End-of-Life part issues
- Interface and work with remote engineering teams on projects
- Perform the necessary design control documentation per our engineering design control
- Interface with Mechanical Engineering to provide mechanical requirements of the design
- Interface to component engineering providing electronic component requirements and specifications
Monster - 11 months ago
iMPact Business Group is committed to providing our candidates and clients with unparalleled service and results. We leverage 135+ years of...