3M HIS Senior Software Engineer (Perl) – Bethesda, MD-1209220
Organization : Health Care Business Group
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Maryland-Bethesda
Job Type: Experienced
3M HIS Senior Software Engineer (Perl) – Bethesda, MD
For more than 100 years, 3M has been a company that delivers both sustainable growth and consistent results. Today is no exception. We are making great progress toward inventing a new future for 3M - a future of faster growth and increased competitiveness, while continuing to deliver superior results.
3M Health Information Systems, Inc., is the leader in providing healthcare funding and performance management solutions. With more than 5,000 customers, 3M Health Information Systems enables healthcare providers to enhance operations, shorten revenue cycle times, improve patient care and achieve an electronic health record solution.
3M HIS is currently seeking a strong software engineer who has a passion for web development with heavy back end is able to produce clean, high quality code. You should have a solid foundation in service oriented architectures (SOA) and agile development methodologies. You should be able to work well in a small, fast-paced team of software engineers, quality insurance engineers and software architects. We write and maintain everything from large Object Oriented applications to small scripts that make our data flow smoothly. All code runs in a Linux environment, so Linux expertise is essential. Most of the code will touch a database at some point, so SQL experience using the DBI/DBD::MySQL module is desired. A thorough knowledge of MySQL is a big plus.
This position requires the ability to provide technical leadership, design expertise and coding expertise to other team members. Influencing others through experience and technical knowhow will be critical to the success of this role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead projects and initiatives to ensure improvement of website infrastructure and framework.
- Develop software components based on requirements, architecture and design specifications.
- Work with other software architects, software engineers, quality engineers, and other team members to design and build required systems
- Adhere to team design and coding procedures and standards
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 5+ years experience working with Linux
- Minimum 5+ years experience with Perl programming
- Minimum 3+ years experience working with SQL
- Lead large scale enterprise software development projects
- Experience evaluating different proposed solutions and third party software technologies
- Strong communication skills
- Strong knowledge of MySQL
- Experience with Java
- Experience with user interface design and human factors
- Experience working with large volumes of data
- A love of creative problem solving
- Ability to research and learn independently
This position is a 3M HIS position and is therefore not a 3M benefited position. The position is subject to the benefit package under 3M HIS benefits program. Details will be shared with you at the time of interview with the hiring manager.
No relocation available
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
At 3M, we pair imaginative thinking with science-based technology to create globally-renowned products. We lead scores of markets: health...