- Inspects and repairs aircraft parts, components, and systems.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on aircraft, aircraft systems and parts for base operations.
- Acts as a technical lead to other base mechanics.
- Repairs and performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of base aircraft.
- Performs inspections of completed work, aircraft systems, and parts based on aircraft schedule.
- Updates and maintains maintenance manuals, service bulletins, parts books and regulatory updates, and other technical directives.
- Coordinates ordering, shipping, receiving of parts, supplies, tools, and warranty claims parts with corporate offices or directly with vendors and manufacturers.
- Cleans and maintains interior and exterior of aircraft.
- Coordinates aircraft maintenance schedules with Area Manager and base schedules.
- Performs lead functions and acts as a technical resource for other base mechanics.
- Maintains upkeep of work area, materials and tools.
- Prepares and maintains documentation related to work activities in accordance with regulations.
- Performs similar duties on an on-call basis.
- Performs other duties as required.
Equipment and Environment:
- Completion of two years of trade or vocational school.
- A&P Certificate.
- Inspection Authorization is highly desirable.
- Manufacturers training on company specific aircraft desirable.
- Five years experience in positions similar or related to this job.
- Ability to apply regulatory and technical information to various situations.
- Ability to read and understand technical and regulatory terminology and compose and verbalize the same.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot technical/inspection issues and provide guidance and resolution of problems.
- Ability to apply mathematical and analytical skills to work activities.
- Ability to conduct activities requiring lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling burdens up to 100 lbs. on a frequent basis. Ability to conduct activities requiring climbing, stooping, kneeling/bending, twisting and reaching on a daily basis.
- Ability to see small or obscured objects and characters and ability to work in dimly lighted areas.
- Must have a valid Driver's License
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Hand and power tools and measurement instruments.
- Operates hoists, trucks and tractors.
- Duties are performed in either indoor or outdoor environments.
- Work is performed in or near aircraft and/or an aircraft hangar environment on a daily basis where the incumbent may be exposed to loud aircraft noise, fumes, gases, odors, dust particles, and mechanical and electrical hazards.
- Must be present at work site to complete job.
- This position requires the ability and/or willingness to work days, nights, weekends, scheduled days off, overtime and to be on-call.
Air Methods - 15 months ago
Air Methods has built its reputation on a commitment to quality patient care and safety in aviation operations. Since 1980, we have been...