The Registered Medical Technologist is accountable for performing a variety of essential qualitative and quantitative laboratory tests, both manual and automated, of varying complexity to be utilized in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. They are valued for proficiency testing and achieving satisfactory results, acting as a technical expert to co-workers and other departments, and in some cases providing appropriate instruction to patients and their family members. The Medical Technologist’s role in the accurate and qualitative performance of laboratory tests is a vital component to providing extraordinary care to our patients.
Entry Rate: Dependent upon experience
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: This position will work five 8-hour shifts, Monday through Friday. The Tech will work rotating weekend shifts as assigned which will include one scheduled shift and one on call shift.
- Bachelor's degree in chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory/medical technology science. Intermountain verifies both degree attainment and educational institution accreditation following an offer of employment.
- Medical Technologist / Medical Lab Scientist certification (American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), American Medical Technologist (AMT), Clinical Laboratory Technician (CLT), Registered Medical Technologist (RMT), Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS))
- Ability to use laboratory systems, databases, and spreadsheets
- Effective communication skills using email, telephone, and in person
- Position will require the flexibility to work a variety of shifts that may include weekends, holidays, days, nights and on-call
- Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling
- Experience with laboratory information systems
- Experience in relevant areas of the clinical laboratory
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 21 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...