Kindle is the #1 best-selling product on all of Amazon and one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon. The Kindle SDK delivers Amazon's platform capabilities to third-party app developers. We are seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer who is passionate about enabling other developers to build killer apps. We aim to continually raise the bar on developer experience. The Kindle SDK team is passionate about end to end developer experience and the quality of Amazon's API. You must be customer-centric, results oriented, and creative. This position is a great opportunity to work on a diverse set of technologies that span mobile devices, desktop applications and distributed systems.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer on the Kindle SDK team, you will be responsible for owning large customer-facing features from inception to delivery and beyond. Engineers on our team are expected to accomplish tasks in internet time while, at the same time, pushing the technical envelope. Our engineers enjoy working as a team and welcome the opportunity to lead whenever possible. Come help build the future of Amazon Kindle devices and services.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in at least, one modern object oriented programming language such as Java or C++
- Experience in building mobile apps, platforms and SDKs
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience with mobile Java, Android, iOS and/or browser technologies
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Amazon.com - 17 months ago
Amazon.com is an American international multibillion dollar electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, United...