Serco Inc. is a leading provider of professional, technology and management services focused on the federal government. We advise, design, integrate and deliver solutions that transform how clients achieve their missions. Our customer-first approach, robust portfolio of services and global experience enable us to respond with solutions that achieve outcomes with value. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco Inc. has approximately 9,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1.5 billion and is part of a $6.6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world.
Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team.
Serco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
The Logistics Business Unit has over 1000 employees and supports all branches of the Department of Defense. We provide our customers a wide range of services including logistics planning, acquisition management and support, third-party logistics, and logistics IT applications. Our services are provided at customer sites and company sites throughout the United States as well as Southeast and Southwest Asia and we help our clients acquire new weapon systems and information technology capabilities to improve and sustain our nation’s defense.
Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well.
Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team.
Our Logistics team needs passionate people who care about the services they deliver to our customer; the United States Air Force. People who want to make a difference. We have an opportunity for a Clinical Social Worker at Keesler SFB, MS.
Provide consultation and workshops with parents, schools, hospital staff, and other personnel who work with children and adolescents on the theory and practice of working with this population. Provide training to clinical psychology residents and post-doctoral child psychology fellows, as required.
Required Skills and Experience:Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Required Skills include but are not limited to:
- Evaluation. Evaluate children from infancy through adolescence, to include conducting child and family interviews. Perform psychosocial evaluations to assess and/or treat emotional/behavior problems, educational/academic problems, attention problems, organic disorders, eating disorders, psychotic disorders, social and interpersonal dysfunction, physical/sexual/emotional abuse and neglect, personality dysfunction and drug/alcohol abuse.
- Treatment. Provide treatment across a range of modalities to include Psychotherapy, play, group and family therapy with all aged children and adolescents. Treat children and adolescents with adjustment disorders, oppositional and non-compliant behavior, attention deficit disorders, anxiety disorders and phobias, eating disorders, elimination disorders, school-related problems, developmental delay, pervasive developmental disorders, childhood psychosis and affective disorders, abuse and other trauma (either psychological or physical), and support the psychological management of medical problems. Provide varied levels of intervention, including individual, parent and family therapy.
- Consultation. Consult with other individuals and organizations to include other hospital services (e.g., Pediatrics, Neurology, Social Work), public schools, courts, the Exceptional Family Member Program and social services agencies regarding specific case management and programmatic issues affecting children and families. Provide consultation and feedback to parents in order to relay results of treatment. Collaborate with other professionals in order to provide social work services to children, and in making interventions within the child's psychosocial environment. Provide consultation which includes not only traditional clinical interventions that emphasize delimiting and remediating psychopathology in children and adolescents, but prevention, and the encouragement of psychological health.
- Training. Attend and provide didactic seminars in the areas of normal growth and development, consultation-liaison and psychotherapeutic approaches to child psychopathology.
- Research. Participate in and/or direct research and conducts clinical investigations in social work and/or child and adolescent psychology.
Required Experiences include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for and apply social work procedures and techniques in the evaluation and treatment of psychological/psychiatric disorders. Activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for and provide individual, family and group psychotherapy, and couples therapy. Consult to medical personnel, legal authorities, military commanders and school districts, as required.
- Maintain accurate and current notes in both the Mental Health records and patient medical records of all patients seen, as appropriate, and produce reports of evaluation and/or treatment, as required.
- Child, Adolescent and Family Social Work Services.
Criminal History Background Check (CHBC) and pre-employment drug screen are required.
- Must hold a Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) degree from a school of social work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Maintain a current, unrestricted clinical license to practice social work in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands. A clinical social work license is defined as a license that allows the Social Worker to practice independently without clinical supervision.
- Have a minimum of two (2) years within the past five (5) years in the independent practice of clinical social work in a mental health setting working with an adult population, or with children and teens if specifically working with that population.
- Must possess the ability to independently: Conduct psychosocial assessments and provide psychosocial treatment to a wide variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, ethnic, educational, and other diversified backgrounds.
- Provide counseling and/or psychotherapy services to individuals, groups, and families.
- Provide consultation services to other staff about the psychosocial needs of patients and the impact of psychosocial problems on health care and compliance with treatment.
- Evaluate own practice through participation in a professional peer review case conferences or other organized means.
- Must possess the knowledge and experience to: Use computer software applications for drafting documents, data management, and tracking, especially those programs in use by DoD.
- Use of medical and mental health diagnoses, disabilities and treatment procedures. This includes actue, chronic and traumatic illness/injuries, common medications and their effects/side effects, and medical terminology.
- Implement treatment modalities in working with individuals, families and groups who are experiencing a variety of psychiatric, medical and social problems to achieve treatment goals.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of professional standards and ethics regarding the delivery of clinical social work services.
“Serco Inc. is using this posting for the purpose of building a pipeline of interested candidates for future anticipated positions with our company.”
Employment Type: Full time
Serco , Inc. - 11 months ago
Serco is an international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managi...