Innovators with Insight
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is seeking a
to join the team in Exeter, NH to oversee the work activities associated with producing the company’s products in a high volume production environment to ensure meeting production goals, quality, and cost objectives. This is a great opportunity for a critical new role. We make the cables and connectors as well as assemble them.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Antenna Systems, Exeter Facility is part of the Cobham family of companies and joins over 10,000 employees on five continents, with annual revenues in excess of $3B, manufactures custom microwave components, integrated high performance assemblies and antennas for radar, electronic warfare and communications systems supporting the Aerospace and Defense Industries.
Production Manager Responsibilities:
Production Manager Requirements:
- Manage production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply.
- Plan and administer procedures and budgets.
- Report to and work with the Value Stream Manager to evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Formally supervise 150 production employees on two shifts with the potential assistance of Group Leaders.
- Develop and implement methods, operational sequences and processes consistent with the high volume manufacture of sub-assemblies and final assemblies.
- Interface with design engineering as well as manufacturing engineering in the coordination of activities necessary for the release of new high volume cable designs.
- Determine time standards and makes recommendations for tooling and process flow requirements in the design of new high volume work cells.
- Maintain records and reporting systems necessary for the coordination of manufacturing operations in a high volume operation geared toward continuous improvement and cost reduction while meeting operational and customer requirements
Production Manager Preferred Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED and at least 10 years of related experience in high volume cable assembly (commercial and/or military) required with previous or current experience as a high volume cable assembly Production Supervisor, Assistant Manager or Manager
- Strong technical skills. Ability to be hands on and technically involved with making decisions on how to build the product on the floor to be error free and cost effective
- Ability to obtain and maintain Secret Security Clearance
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population (M/F/D/V)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- RF/Microwave, Cable and/or Connector experience is also preferred.
- Experience in reporting and analysis, process improvement and project management preferred
- High energy personality and can do attitude preferred
In the aerospace and defense industries Cobham is all over the map. Serving customers in more than a hundred countries, Cobham provides...