Revenue Cycle Analyst- FT- PMCC CBO Dept Vinings, GA - 13010IM
The Revenue Cycle Analyst is an advanced Revenue Cycle workflow and process support position that requires understanding and knowledge of all the key functions of the physician billing Revenue Cycle. The Analyst provides oversight and support for physician practice Revenue Cycle integrity and workflow process using data analytics. The Analysts assures all billing systems and process requirements have been met in order to ensure timely and optimal reimbursement.
The Revenue Cycle Analyst focuses and strives to improve revenue cycle production and efficiency by reviewing and analyzing reports and workflow processes and recommending changes that will positively impact the Revenue Cycle and help the Central Business Office operate according to industry benchmarks and meet A/R performance goals and productivity. Analysts may be asked to contribute to the success of the department by supporting production based activities during times of excessive workloads, staffing shortages, or critical deadlines.
Revenue Cycle Analyst duties may include, but are not limited to, “Core Functions”; Billing, Claims Filing, Data Entry, Charge Entry, Insurance Follow-Up, Self-Pay Follow-Up, Denial Management, Payment Posting, Refund Management, Credit Balance Management, Account Correction and Adjustment, Response to Patient Account Inquiries, Customer Service Advocacy, Self-Pay Collections, and Unapplied Cash, as well as, “Advanced Functions”; File Maintenance, System Support, Claims Edit Management, Claims Rejection Management, Front End Management, and Payment Variance Management.
1. Advanced knowledge of third-party insurance in regards to plan types: HMO, PPO, POS, and Indemnity.
2. Excellent knowledge of the Medicare Program particularly as it relates to CPT and ICD coding CPT. Thorough knowledge of Medicare Fraud and Abuse regulations.
3. Ability to counsel patients financially regarding outstanding charges and effectively resolve problems via the highest customer service skills and etiquette.
4. Possesses advanced knowledge of the Practice Management System. Possesses the ability to run standard reports in order to answer questions from practice manager and physicians.
5. Possess thorough knowledge of HIPAA regulations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Graduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance, Mathematics or equivalent. Requires a minimum of 5 - 6 (five to six) years experience exhibiting advanced performance in a physician billing revenue cycle or Central Business Office.
Job: Professional - Other
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Piedmont Medical Care Corp
Job Posting: Feb 4, 2013, 8:21:50 AM