Essilor of America, Inc. (Essilor), is the leading manufacturer and wholesaler of prescription lenses in the United States.
We currently have an IT Sr. Enterprise Architect – SalesForce.com career opportunity at our Dallas, TX location.
Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Architecture, the IT Sr. Enterprise Architect – SalesForce.com has senior-level technical responsibility for overseeing the design, development, administration and governance of the Force.com custom, sales and service clouds at Essilor of America. This individual will be joining an exciting organization that is leveraging the latest cloud and integration technologies to create a cutting edge social enterprise platform that will enhance business and IT processes, enable collaboration and modernize customer self service. Working closely with other members of the enterprise architecture team, IT application development, support and testing, as well as business users, both internal and external, you’ll have the opportunity to showcase your Salesforce.com, web and integration skills to the entire organization and its partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Education:
- Develop architectures for solutions requiring user interfaces, content management, human workflow, collaboration, CRM processes and customer service applications across the enterprise, leveraging the force.com platform.
- Develop custom force objects to allow for a non-coding, metadata driven interface and application management system.
- Design and implement an enterprise social collaboration framework tightly integrated with enterprise applications, leveraging Force.com Chatter.
- Design and implement single sign-on services for both internal and external users.
- Design, configure and build dashboards to properly enable the visibility of operational data within the platform.
- Support the integration of enterprise data into all web or mobile delivery layers of the platform.
- Perform as a technical leader for both the integrated technologies and application development teams.
- Become an advocate for the Force.com platform and best practices within the enterprise.
- Perform and/or assist with user training on all applications within the platform, including demos and the creation of training material.
- Drive the ongoing process of user experience improvements across the platform, via product release cycles.
- Develop administration and support policies around the platform, including change management, user management, product release and performance notifications, environment provisioning and integration.
- Heavy interfacing with other IT development teams. Will also work with Salesforce.com and other vendor support and engineering teams when necessary to resolve platform problems.
- Communicate to management on Issues, Risks and status.
- Ensure alignment with corporate standards and strategic technology decisions.
- Ensure that all aspects of the IT SDLC are properly enforced.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Business, Finance or Accounting preferred.
- 5+ years' experience implementing enterprise class systems.
- 5+ years' hands-on experience working with the SalesForce.com platform.
- Any or all of the following is desired: Saleforce.com certified consultant, Salesforce.com certified advanced administrator, Salesforce.com certified advanced developer.
- Proven ability to create custom user interfaces with Visual Force, develop custom business logic in APEX and write test cases.
- Experience with Salesforce.com Web Services APIs - Force.com SOAP and REST-based Web Service APIs, the Bulk API, and the Metadata API.
- Expert in AJAX libraries like Ext-JS or jQuery.
- Experience working with force.com application packaging and deployment.
- Experience building complex business applications using Java, C# or C++.
- Experience developing interactive web-based applications a plus.
- Knowledge of the TIBCO SOA stack or equivalent integration technologies a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of XML, SQL, HTTP/HTTPS, and EAI processes.
- Solid understanding of SaaS development processes and methodologies.
- Familiarity with ANT and Eclipse tools for working with the IDE.
- Familiarity with Subversion SCM tools.
- Strong analytical, good communication and inter-personal skills are required as interactions with business and end users a must.