Title of Job: IT Support Engineer
Role Located in : Okta Headquarters (San Francisco, CA)
Reports to : IT Manager
Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success.
With Okta, IT can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps IT become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
The IT Engineer will be the “first line of defense” for all corporate Information Technology needs. They will be in charge of all the day-to-day helpdesk needs along with assisting the IT Manager in long term IT projects. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a penchant for new technology, has supported OSX in depth and has been in the “sole supporter” role.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide a “friendly face” point of contact and problem resolution for users
• Identify, organize and sort helpdesk tickets by priority
• Troubleshooting any software, hardware, network, phone, print or telecommunication issues that may arise for in-office and all remote staff
• Handling onboarding related tasks, including equipment provisioning, account provisioning and new hire education.
• Assist in continuing technical education for users.
• Enforcement of IT policies (security, email, accounts, passwords, compliance, etc)
• Writing and updating IT documentation
• Assist in long term IT projects as necessary
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience providing desktop support for Apple OS X and Macintosh computers
• Experience providing desktop support for Windows
• Experience with handling a variety of mobile devices in a BYOD environment
• Experience managing and configuring common office equipment
• Experience with a wide set of SaaS products such as: Office 365, Google Apps, Atlassian, SalesForce, Gliffy, LiveOps, Taleo, Concur, WorkDay, WebEx, GoToMeeting and ZenDesk
• Experience working and coordinating with a distributed team and adept at working in an interrupt-driven environment
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard