This position assists the Restaurant Manager with daily activities and oversees the food service facility operation in the absence of the Restaurant Manager. The Restaurant Assistant Manager provides top quality service and assistance to customers; Leads food service staff and works with the Restaurant Manager to maintain a safe, cost-effective and profitable business unit.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: (Partial list)
Customer Satisfaction: Provides and coaches food service staff to provide excellent customer service in a courteous, friendly and attentive manner.
Facility Conditions: Maintains an awareness of the overall food service facility’s condition; notifies the Restaurant Manager of any equipment failure or maintenance/supply needs; and performs or directs food service staff to perform a variety of general housekeeping duties including:
- Greets customers as they enter the area and thanks customers as they leave; gives assistance and offers suggestions or recommendations to the customer.
- Resolves or assists to resolve routine customer concerns within established guidelines.
Merchandising: Monitors and ensures that food product areas are stocked, rotated and displayed to ensure freshness, appeal and easy customer access.
- Dusts and/or washes windows, counters, displays, food service areas and bathrooms.
- Cleans and checks equipment including the coffee machines; grill, fry or other cooking units; beverage, ice or other refrigeration units; and other machines, tools and work aids used.
Financial Controls: Keeps accurate cash, sales, food cost, payroll and inventory control records and accounts for variances.
- Prepares and ensures food items are prepared according to menus and recipes with proper weights, holding times and temperatures; practices and ensures safe food handling procedures are followed.
- Trains food service staff to use suggestive selling and other techniques to maximize sales.
Staffing Controls: Oversees the activities of food service employees as directed by the Restaurant Manager.
- Assists with or completes all appropriate daily paperwork required to perform the banking function and daily deposit as directed by the Restaurant Manager; ensures currency drops are made appropriately.
- Follows vendor check-in procedures and accounts for quality and quantity of product received during vendor deliveries.
EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Helps coach and train new employees to carry out their duties in accordance with Company and/or brand operating, conduct and performance standards. Assists with employee schedules.
- Assists with counseling of employees; provides feedback, and gives input on performance reviews.
GREAT BENEFITS (All benefits are subject to certain eligibility requirements):
- High school diploma or equivalent plus 6 months to 1 year of food service work experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
- Associate’s Degree or better is preferred.
- Certificates & Licenses: Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license.
Join us in a “Fast, Friendly, and Clean” environment at Kangaroo Express. Our application process may take up to 30 minutes to complete. We hope you’ll join us!
- Health Plans – Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision , Employee Assistance Plan
- Financial – 401 (k) Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance – Group Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Spouse and Child Life Insurance
- Paid Time off – Vacation
Kangaroo Express - 23 months ago
Headquartered in Cary, North Carolina, The Pantry, Inc. is a leading independently operated convenience store chain in the southeastern...