The Warehouse/Transportation Supervisor is responsible for directing and supervising all warehouse and transport activities on a daily basis within a small cross dock operation. The position oversees the receiving, warehousing, packaging, shipping and transporting of product consistent with superior customer service while maintaining cost objectives. The Supervisor is responsible for establishing labor requirements, planning, and scheduling of driver and warehouse functions and may assist the Operations Manager with long-term planning. This position will be responsible for safety and compliance with all DOT/FMCSA regulations.
SHIFT DAYS: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
Experience: Three to five years of related experience preferably in an LTL or transportation environment, two years supervisory experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to build credible relationships with customers and to build effective teams
- Demonstrated analytical ability, attention to detail and strong computer skills preferably including Warehouse and Ttransportation Management Systems and Mobile Communication Systems
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements
SCC is a distinctive organization, not only to our customers, but to our associates. We are a third-party logistics company, specializing in...