Benchmark Healthcare is proud of its longstanding reputation for providing affordable, high value skilled nursing services to residents in scenic, rural markets. As the recipient of Missouri’s first nursing home facility license almost 75 years ago, no other healthcare provider can come close to our legacy of caring for seniors and people with special needs.
The General Counsel will oversee all legal matters for a local long term care company based out of our home office in Chesterfield, MO. He or she will provide senior management with effective advice on company strategies and their implementation, manage the legal function, and obtain and oversee the work of outside counsel. The General Counsel will be directly involved in complex business transactions. He or she is also responsible for negotiating, writing, reviewing, summarizing and researching a wide variety of agreements for the company and ensuring it is operating within the law at all times.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provide continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications of all matters.
- Serve as key lawyer/legal advisor on all major business transactions.
- Judge the merits of major court cases filed against or on behalf of the company, work with the appropriate executive(s) to define a strategic defense.
- Assume ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the company conducts its business in compliance with applicable state and federal, et al. laws and regulations.
- Research/advise on issues involving employment law, advanced directives, collections, and health care regulations.
Juris Doctorate and member of the Missouri Bar.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and 401k.