CertainTeed Corporation is a leading North American manufacturer of building materials including roofing, vinyl and fiber cement siding, trim, fence, railing, decking, foundations, insulation, gypsum, ceilings, and pipe products. Headquartered in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, CertainTeed has approximately 7,000 employees and 70 facilities throughout the United States and Canada. Through its Vision, Mission, Values and Objectives (VMVO) initiative, CertainTeed strives to be the preferred choice for innovative building products and systems by delivering a superior Customer experience to a broader market through the development of exceptional team performance and world-class processes.
CertainTeed is a subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the top 100 industrial companies in the world. Saint-Gobain employs approximately 22,000 people in North America and more that 206,000 people in 57 countries world-wide. Saint-Gobain’s North American companies operate nearly 200 manufacturing facilities in industries as diverse as industrial ceramics and containers, reinforcements and flat glass, abrasives, and building materials.
Saint-Gobain CertainTeed is seeking a highly qualified and motivated Maintenance Supervisor for the Little Rock, Arkansas commercial roofing location. This is a highly visible position for a self-motivated individual, with a strong knowledge of maintenance systems, holding hourly employees accountable in a fast paced, continuous operation manufacturing environment. This position is also key in the organizations of maintenance and manufacturing team in coordinating projects, automation, facility and equipment improvements. Strong organization skills and ability to work and identify maintenance improvement programs independently is essential. Proven ability to identify and drive continuous improvement to support automation programs and competencies. A strong interpersonal skill in working with production teams and technical operations teams is required. This position must focus on providing leadership and direct supervision, along with direction of assigned employees for all facilities and equipment maintenance including corrective maintenance, planned and preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, process improvements, and modifications to assure operating efficiency at a minimum cost while providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees.
The Maintenance Supervisor is directly responsible for providing that all the proper tools are available, hold employees accountable for individual safety and compliance with all Federal, State and Local requirements along with ensuring that safe work practices are enforced. This position must focus on leading teams to deliver and sustain year on year improvements in the facility. Work frequently involves interaction with other departments, plants and occasionally with customers and vendors. This position requires coaching, excellent communication, follow-up and supervisory experience. Teamwork is critical to success, and the employee must be capable of handling more than one assignment at a time, skilled at implementing team concepts with an emphasis on planning and follow-up. The employee’s success depends heavily on how the maintenance department maintains equipment and how the employee follows-up with assignments, so department buy-in is a necessity.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directly supervise the hourly maintenance employees in the improvement and maintenance of plant equipment, buildings, machinery, utilities, etc. Communicate expectations, measure and assess employee performance, provide coaching and development of employees.
• Actively promote a safe working environment focused on full compliance of all safety, health and environmental policies and regulations. Ensure that personnel are adequately trained to perform their duties in a safe manner. Responsible for safety management including completion of periodic safety audits/inspections, safety meetings, thorough investigation of incidents, and evaluation of training needs.
• Active participation in the training and development programs for new employees. Assist in the interviewing/selection process. Provide technical support during the training process and perform periodic skills assessments to ensure performance standards are met.
• Trouble-shooting, planning & scheduling, technical support to maintenance team, procurement of parts, coordination and supervision of outside contractors.
Decision making and problem solving are an integral part of this position. After direct supervision, the majority of the time in this position will be spent utilizing creative thinking to solve problems to insure uninterrupted operations. Honesty, integrity, analytical abilities are major requirements for this position, along with the ability to prioritize work load in order to meet daily deadlines, and plant goals and to improve operational performance. The position will require that the individual work well with both hourly and salaried personnel in deciding proper problem solutions to yield the best outcome for plant operation.
• Requires a technical diploma or degree in the fields of engineering or manufacturing, including; mechanical,
electrical, industrial that provides a thorough knowledge of the skills utilized in manufacturing improvement
activities. Equivalent experience will be considered.
• Requires change management, methodical/analytical problem solving and employee leadership skills with the ability
to effectively apply those skills in a manufacturing facility in a leadership capacity.
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization.
• Requires basic typing skills with familiarity of Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, e-mail and Internet access.
• Supervisory experience and 5-7 prior years of related work experience in a lean manufacturing environment
• 5+ years of experience building and leading teams with a track record of success, along with the ability to develop
and implement action plans.
• Working knowledge of electrical systems a plus.
• Ability to lead small to medium sized cross functional teams under high pressure environments.
• Proven ability to design, manage and implement projects of a technical nature.
• Demonstrated high performance history, proven ability to execute and get results
SAINT-GOBAIN - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
There's no uncertainty about CertainTeed's business. A subsidiary of French industrial giant Compagnie de Saint-Gobain,...