Network Systems Administrator
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman is seeking a motivated individual to join our team of professionals as a Network Systems Administrator. This position is located in Suffolk, VA.
The selected candidate will work as a member of a Northrop Grumman team supporting the Joint Coalition and Warfighting (JCW). We are seeking a highly motivated person to serve as a System Administrator to build, operate and manage mail, web and data file servers used during training exercises and events at JCW.
The candidate must be able to work independently and with other administrators to build operating systems (OS) and application servers and workstations to support JCW modeling and simulation (M&S) systems. Take technical direction from the Senior System Administrator for work assignments and overall requirements. Install patches and upgrades to OS for Linux, Solaris and Microsoft Windows platforms.
The candidate will be required to perform system security lockdowns to include troubleshooting and isolation of problems that are created during installation. Assist in isolation and troubleshooting of operating systems, installing applications, and providing solutions to operational problems. Builds, operates and manages mail, web and data file severs used during training exercises and events at JCW. May be required to write procedures and programs to automate repetitive processes. Must be capable of compiling and installing applications required by the customer.
Additional duties may include:
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
1. Must be a U.S. Citizen
2. Must possess a CS, MIS or similar degree
3. Must possess a minimum of 3 years of systems administration experience on at least two of the following computer operating systems: Linux (Red Hat Enterprise, SUSE, or Fedora), Windows, Solaris, UNIX or HP-UX.
4. Must have ONE of the following Information Assurance certifications: GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), CompTIA Security+, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
5. Must have ONE of the following Operating System (OS) certifications: Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA), CompTIA Linux+, or Microsoft MCITP or MCTS
6. Must have familiarity with NIS, DNS, network file systems, web and mail servers.
7. Must have experience with the creation and maintenance of user accounts to include the limitation of capability and access.
8. Must have familiarity with network security.
9. Must have experience with the resolution of problems related to hardware and software, both application and operating systems.
10. Must be capable of lifting and moving of equipment.
11. Must be able to travel if/when required.
1. Experience with DISA STIGS is a plus.
2. Knowledge of modeling and simulations systems used by US military.
3. Experience with networks to include 10/100/1000 ethernet, IP addressing schemes, and VLANs.
4. Familiarity with DISA STIGS and implementation to meet compliance.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 22 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...