These are full-time, permanent, direct hire roles. Candidates MUST have valid US work authorization. Please only local Puget Sound area candidates
Contact me for any questions jlevie (@) verticalmove (dot) com
Learn about me here:
Some of my other roles are posted here
$105,000 - $130,000
United States, WA - 98104
On January 9, 2007 the first iPhone was announced to the world. Later we realized that the grand vision for Apple wasn't just a phone, but rather an entire platform and ecosystem for smartphone's and developers worldwide. The tech world as we know it changed forever.
Now fast forward to this moment and consider that there are more than 254.4MM registered automobiles driving on the road in the United States today, this creates perhaps an even bigger opportunity to revolutionize how we interact, communicate and consume entertainment from within our automobiles.
Like Apple did in 2007, our team based in Seattle, WA is planning it's own revolution, this time building an entirely new platform and ecosystem for 'Telematics and Infotainment' all from the dashboards of our favorite automobiles. The plan would not only include the platform and OS, but an intuitive SDK, reference Applications and more.
We've signed a contract with one of the biggest global auto manufactures in the world to deliver the next big thing in the connected world, which could be built into a brand that you might yourself already have parked in your garage. You'd be joining a team that is literally a few months old and you'd be coming in as one of our first 10 Engineers.
Excited? Yea, we are too.
We are looking for a talented application engineer to create, and own, our back-end services. These services are built to connect and interact with millions of mobile devices and support a complex application platform and developer ecosystem.
- Be involved with the design and build of web and ecommerce applications
- Participate, with design team members, in shaping user experiences through demonstrating latest technology tools, constraints, and interfaces
- Provide realistic estimates of deliverables and deliver high-quality work within estimates
- Keep current with web and mobile technologies and best practices
- Create custom (non standard) system-to-system interfaces through data
- Assist clients in the deployment process of web and mobile products
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience configuring ecommerce platforms
- Experience with social APIs such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter
- CMS experience with one or more CMS platforms such as Drupal, Joomla, or WordPress
- Working knowledge of Agile, XP, or preferably Scrum
- iOS or Android app building experience
- Have the desire to learn and master HTML5 and emerging technologies
- At least 5 years experience as an Java/PHP application engineer
- Proven track record of architecting, building, and launching complex Ecommerce sites
- Fluent in Java and PHP
- Able to learn new languages, APIs, and platforms quickly
- Experience building AJAX or API driven sites
- An attention to detail and have the ability to problem solve on the fly
- Able to work in a team environment
BS in CS or related Education
nPost.com - 22 months ago