Under the supervision of the COO, with dotted line reporting to the CNO, the director has 24-hour accountability and responsibility for the effective and efficient operation of surgical services and all other related departments, as well as any strategically linked services outlined in the hospital's business plan. Ensures compliance with all licensing and regulatory requirements
(For direct caregiver positions)
1 MEDICAL/SURGICAL SERVICES
1 EMERGENCY MEDICINE
1 CRITICAL CARE
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Supports the Code of Conduct. Demonstrates behaviors consistent with organization mission and goals.
2. Ensures patient/personal safety by maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment and adhering to Safety Program and Infection Control Programs.
3. Supports hospital and departmental Performance Improvement Goals.
4. Demonstrates and promotes Medical Center FISH philosophies:
5. Contributes to the organization's five indicators of success:
- Make Their Day
- Be There
- Choose Your Attitude
6. Accepts responsibility for preparation, administration and achievement of operational and capital budget of all assigned nursing departments.
- Employee Satisfaction
- Physician Satisfaction
- Patient Satisfaction
- Continuous Performance Improvement
- Community Involvement
7. Accepts responsibility that the quality of care is in compliance with hospital and departmental procedures and standards, regulatory agencies and JCAHO standards.
8. Accepts 24-hour accountability and responsibility for the effective and efficient operation of the department.
9. Acts as liaison for all surgical services internally and externally to all stakeholders.
10. Maintains clinical competence while promoting personal growth and professionalism in the work environment.
11. Demonstrates desirable work habits.
12. Demonstrates sensitivity to the needs of the bariatric patient.
Education and Training Experience Required
CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE: Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing or equivalent; MSN highly preferred.
- Three to five years' previous leadership experience in operating room, recovery and endoscopy.
- Current management experience.
- Current clinical practice or practice in last five years in area of expertise.
- RN with current licensure or RN with temporary permit to practice from the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
- Current BCLS certification
- Prefer national certification in area of expertise (CNOR, CNA, or CCRN).
Client is approved for 320 beds though they at 250, They have 13 OR suites, 60 + FTE's.
401 (k) Plan: Employees may contribute 1 percent to 50 percent of their gross pay (before tax). Plaza matches 100 percent of employees' contributions of the first 3 percent contributed, and up to 9%, depending on employees' years of service.
Employees have a choice of 18 professionally managed investment funds to match your investment style.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA): A tax-advantaged account that can be used to pay for medical expenses of daycare expenses. The employee, through payroll deductions, contributes specific amounts to the FSA selected during open enrollment. The contributions are free of federal and Social Security taxes. Funds must be used in the year they are accrued; unused funds revert to the employer.
Paid Time Off (PTO): Time provided to employees for periods away from work with pay. PTO encompasses the traditional vacation, holiday and sick time. Employees accumulate PTO based on their employment status and length of service.
Extended Illness Bank (EIB): In addition to PTO, the hospital provides sick time for employees to care for extended personal or immediate family illness.
Medical Coverage: This program provides a safety net of protection for employees and their families. Employees may choose amounts of coverage from various medical plan options depending on lifestyle, needs and priorities. Our hospital provides options for full-time and part-time employees, and pays a percentage of the cost.
Dental Coverage: Plaza pays a percentage of the cost of this program that provides PPO or DMO options. Employees may choose coverage for all or part of the cost for routine dental procedures, depending on their lifestyle, needs, and priorities.
Vision Care: Employees may elect to enroll in a Vision Care Plan that covers vision exams, basic lenses, frames and contact lenses.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Plaza offers free access to professional counselors who provide confidential assessment and short-term counseling to employees and their families for personal legal and financial services.
Life Insurance: Full-time employees receive 1X annual salary in basic life insurance at no cost, and part-time employees receive up to $1,500 at no cost. Supplemental and dependent life insurance are also available.
Long Term Disability (LTD): Employees may elect insurance coverage that provides economic protection should employee become totally disabled and unable to work.
CORE Plus Benefits: Provides legal benefits, short term disability, long term care, voluntary life, auto or home insurance.
Tuition Reimbursement: The facility provides a rich benefit to employees seeking educational advancement for the purpose of improving their skills related to their current position and/or advancement within the company.
Full time employees receive $5,250, part time employees receive $2,625K
Leave of Absence (LOA): Protects the longevity of employees who must be absent from work for acceptable reasons as app
Back To The Search Results
Start New Search
APPLY TO THIS JOB
United Pro Search - 2 years ago