Position Title Position Title " >Survey Technician AutoReqId AutoReqId " >4899BR Job Function Job Function " >Operations Country USA Province/State Province/State " >Nevada Site / Office Site / Office " >Round Mountain Mine Operation Job Category Job Category " >Full Time Location Statement Location Statement " >Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,000 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.
Kinross Round Mountain is an open pit mining operation located in Nye County, Nevada. Round Mountain is proud to have earned commendations for its safety and environmental initiatives. Job Description Job Summary
Under the direction of the Chief Mine Surveyor, this person performs entry level engineering tasks. They must learn shot layout, dig plans, flagging, and the mine coordinate system. In addition, this person must learn the level, Total Station, GPS, as well as other duties as assigned. This is an entry level training position.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
1. Must have good mathematical skills and a basic knowledge of geometry and trigonometry.
2. Must be capable of doing all necessary hand calculations required for all mine survey work.
3. Must have the ability to keep and maintain accurate records.
4. A computer background is helpful.
5. Artistic ability is a plus.
6. Candidate should be a self-starter, and be able to work with minimum supervision.
7. Must get along well with others and adapt to a changing environment.
8. Experience with Trimble GPS, TSC Data Collectors, Trimble Total Stations, Leica Robotics and laser levels preferred.
9. Experience with AutoCad, Eagle Point, and Trimble Geomatics software is preferred.
10. Minimum of two years current mine surveying experience preferred. Removal Date Removal Date " >05-Oct-2013
Kinross - 14 months ago