REDHAT LINUX SYSTEMS ADMIN– Tier 2
Location: Bowie, MD
Duration: Contract through 9/30/2013 with extensions
Security Clearance: US Citizenship Required
Overview: The RedHat Linux Systems Administrator is a technical consultant with skills in the areas of RedHat Linux systems engineering, server deployment, configuration, and management. Will provide dedicated, premium RedHat Linux systems support to customer systems. Operations will include 24x7 on-call systems support. Will be expected to interface and work closely with system vendors such as Red Hat, IBM, Egenera, as well as the end user community to define problems, solutions and make proactive recommendations. Respond to and close out Remedy tickets for Systems being supported. May be required to support on-call access for mission critical systems.
Systems support includes but is not limited to:
- Ensuring proactive management and quality assurance
- Plan and implement system changes and adjustments in a way that maximizes system availability
- Processing and resolving customer support service requests
- Working closely with the customers, Business Unit personnel and support staff to quickly resolve issues
- Evaluating and reporting system performance
- Performing system/hardware configuration tasks
- Performing documentation tasks Day-to-day hardware support of all Blade devices (i.e., firmware upgrades, errors/failures, configuration, etc.)
- Testing new Blades, advanced configuration techniques (application clustering and failover) and operating systems functionality.
- Assistance in developing test plans, gathering performance data during testing and analysis of results to assist in developing production architecture for the application.
- Have the necessary skills to perform configuration management, risk analysis and contingency planning and work with designated security staff to assist in performing security reviews and audits.
- Provide support for the blade server hardware and various software tools used to continue to migrate servers to Linux and blade servers.
Education: BS or MS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar
At least (5) years current enterprise RedHat experience
RHEL v. 4, 5, 6 experience
VMware v. 4, 5 experience SAN / multipathing experience
Master level skills in the areas of:
RedHat Linux systems engineering, server deployment, configuration, and management
RedHat Cluster Suite, Mulipathing, Kickstart, Bonding, and XEN virtualization.
- RedHat certifications (either RHCSA or RHCE) and scripting experience Excellent customer relations skills
- Willing/ available to participate in the on call rotation (24/7 for seven days every six weeks)
- Willing/available to work the early shift beginning at 6:30AM
- Must live in the DC Metro area
If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please note: Resumes sent in a Text format will not be considered as they are incredibly difficult to read. Word formatted resumes are ideal.**
i3Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
i3solutions - 12 months ago