Dominion Enterprise (www.dominionenterprises.com) – a leading marketing services company seeks a driven individual to join the For Rent Media Solutions™ team as a Public Relations & Communications Coordinator. This is an extraordinarily challenging and exciting opportunity for a self-starter to join a growing business. |
For Rent Media Solutions™ is seeking an individual to join their team as a Public Relations and Communications Coordinator. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated, deadline-driven individual to join a dynamic, growing business.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator position is based in Norfolk, VA, and reports to and supports the Marketing Manager in the planning and execution of all internal and external communications and public relations initiatives. This individual will develop a proactive PR strategic plan (annually) and be responsible for the writing and distribution of press releases each month. The qualified candidate interacts with sales, marketing, product development, social media and customer service departments to ensure that the collateral and other communications reflect the company brand accurately. Successful candidate must possess a high energy level, attention to detail, strong work ethic, demonstrated writing and editing skills and experience in public relations and internal/external communications.
This person will also:
* Oversee and contribute to customer and consumer blogs with relevant and on-trend content.
* Develop and maintain a respected presence in B2B social channels as a thought leader for multifamily industry marketing solutions.
* Identify speaking opportunities for market experts, notify team of deadlines, draft submissions and work with departments and internal resources to complete submission details
* Support inbound press requests, secure spokesperson resources, schedule interviews, work with spokespeople to complete email interviews
* Conduct customer, consumer and internal surveys for internal research and external communications.
* Provide weekly coverage tracking for For Rent Media Solutions news and competitive product announcements
* Prepare full coverage tracking and analysis around major launches/media pushes
* Assist in drafting PR collateral, including FAQs, blog posts, statements, and more
* Identify media opportunities and secure internal resources and spokespeople to obtain coverage in technology, consumer and business press
* Prepare briefing materials for spokespeople, staff briefings/events/press tours, and share resulting coverage
* Manage updates for pressroom and social channels
* Support other product PR-related activities as needed
* Develop/maintain personal marketing/PR relationships within the industry through email and phone.
* Solicit and coordinate media interviews and high impact press opportunities
* Ensure communications are on-message and pushed through the appropriate channels
* Proactively uncover communications issues, trends and concerns
* Leverage the Intranet’s full potential as a communications tool to provide employees with the resources they need
* Protect and promote the company’s reputation through effective communications
* Bachelors degree in marketing, journalism, communications or public relations
* Highly proficient in Associated Press style with excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
* Experience with Omniture Analytics, Wordpress, Vocus, Pitch Engine, GoToMeeting and survey platform is preferred
* Experience creating and distributing newsletters, email updates, website content and blog content with a unified message that supports and protects nationally recognized brand
* Seek out and develop guest blogging partnerships
Dominion Enterprises - 18 months ago