We are seeking a senior Linux systems administrator to join our web development team and maintain our fast-growing web infrastructure. This candidate would work primarily with Amazon Web Services and would be in charge of developing a scalable, repeatable, maintainable, and secure infrastructure to allow for our growing base of web-based applications.
- Automate the creation and management of servers for the web environment as well as internal applications.
- Establish regular monitoring and security reviews of our infrastructure of approximately 20 virtual servers.
- Design and implement tools to improve performance and scalability of our web network and server infrastructure.
- Create and manage processes for adhering to our compliance requirements.
- Create documentation to ensure shared knowledge about deployment, maintenance, and security of our web infrastructure.
- Interact with cross-functional teams on projects regarding deployment of new servers or establishing new networks.
- Manage RedHat and Fedora servers that run services such as Apache, nginx, MongoDB, MySQL, PHP, vicidial, asterisk, and node with the ability to report on application layer issues to the development team.
Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of the Linux operating system.
- Ability to automate tasks using a scripting language (such as shell, Perl, PHP, etc.).
- Understanding of the Amazon Web Services infrastructure.
- Understanding of networking, network design, and systems security concepts.
- General understanding of operating system concepts and performance tuning.
- A good understanding of distributed computing environments.
- A minimum of five years experience in server administration.
- Experience in RedHat Enterprise and Fedora systems a plus.
- Familiarity with tools such as tcpdump and Wireshark for debugging a plus.
- A computing-related bachelor’s degree.
UJA Federation of New York - 16 months ago