This is a half-time, benefited position. Position will start at 1/2 time and expand to full time as program grows.
The Hyperbaric Tech, under the direction of the Program Director and/or Safety Director of the Hyperbaric Medicine Department, administers hyperbaric oxygen therapy to patients as prescribed by the Hyperbaric Physician.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs duties under supervision of the Program Director, Clinical Coordinator, and/or Safety Director as is appropriate for the facility.
- Is responsible for the safe and effective operation of the hyperbaric chamber(s) and related support systems.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Must be licensed as a current LPN in in Idaho.
- Assists in patient preparation for treatment.
- Reinforces education as it relates to hyperbaric therapy.
- Keeps complete and accurate patient records as they pertain to treatment documentation.
- Performs duties and procedures as directed by Program Director, Medical Director, and in some cases the Clinical Coordinator.
- Performs hyperbaric chamber operations and system maintenance as required.
- Supports clinical hyperbaric facility accreditation.
- Participates in the safety program.
- Maintains competencies, continuing education and certifications as appropriate.
- Utilizing data software for wound management make appropriate entries for daily hyperbaric treatments and wound care clinic visits including photo uploading.
- Lift patient or transfer
- Tolerate pressurization and depressurization in a hyperbaric chamber
- Need to be able to hear patients and staff. Also, listen to equipment for malfunctions
Additionally, each chamber operator attends, or provides verification of attendance to, an Introductory Hyperbaric Training Course as approved by the National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology (NBDHMT). Upon successful completion of an approved course, and 480 hours of hyperbaric work experience, the chamber operator may take a national exam for certification as a Certified Hyperbaric Technologist.
Be certified as a CHT or DM within 36 months of hire. Must have completed a National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology approved hyperbaric medicine introductory course. Maintains and demonstrates competency in BLS (Basic Life Support), infections control, safety and all unit required skill review. Complete competencies skill checklist.
Gritman Medical Center is a tobacco-free campus. All candidates are subject to criminal background search and drug screen. We are an EEO and drug-free workplace.
Gritman Medical Center - 11 months ago