Field Service Engineer (Job Number: 324354)
SAIC has a current job opportunity for a Field Service Engineer. This position is located in Guam.
The Field Service Engineer will perform customer support activities involving the preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, installation, modification, and repair of complex AT/FP command, control, communications, computers, and intelligence (C4I), Mass Notification System (MNS), and physical security/access control (PS/AC) systems equipment. Conducts on-site trouble shooting, corrective maintenance, preventive maintenance, installation and testing of equipment to ensure proper working order. May make technical recommendations and has a strong knowledge of AT/FP products. Represents the company in a customer support role and is responsible for customer's satisfaction with equipment and servicing.
• Receive assignments regarding the corrective and preventive maintenance activities for the systems being supported.
• Meet contractually required service level objectives to include response time and issue resolution time. Work on complex problems where analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
• Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Frequently interact with customer representatives and other contractors.
• Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignment, and may supervise the activities of less experienced personnel.
•Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 8+ years of related experience. Additional training, certification and/or years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
•Currently possess a minimum Secret security clearance.
•Navy AT/FP AT/FP command, control, communications, computers, and intelligence (C4I) experience.
•Mass Notification System (MNS) expertise.
•Physical security/access control (PS/AC) systems equipment expertise.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Mar 27, 2013, 3:03:09 PM
Primary Location: United States-GU-HAGATNA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 50% of the time
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...