Final file date extended for this position
DUTIES: Contribute to the analysis, design, coding, implementation and maintenance of the proprietary Codes and Standards Automated System (CASAS) software application. Maintain, enhance and implement new features of the CASAS application. Assist Help Desk with the analysis and resolution of trouble tickets.
Apply technical knowledge and experience in supporting the CASAS application including, but not limited to the following:
- Analyzing, debugging and implementing solutions to issues within CASAS
- Analyzing and designing improvements and new features to CASAS
- Contribute to the continuing evolution of the CASAS system.
WHO MAY APPLY:
- Experience implementing web based applications
- Experience coding and implementing J2EE solutions
- Experience with WebLogic Application Server
- Experience with Oracle at a programmatic level
- Knowledge of SDLC methodologies
- Contribute to maintenance of current system as well as implementing new features
- Ability to work with senior engineers and management to conceptualize, design, implement and test improvements and new features of a complex web based application
- Experience using modern software development tools
- Ability to learn and adapt to new emerging technologies
Persons who currently have eligibility for appointment or transfer to the Staff Programmer classification may apply. Appointment is subject to SROA and State surplus policies. Surplus candidates must submit a copy of surplus status letter. All applications will be reviewed and hiring interviews will be conducted with the most qualified candidates.
HOW TO APPLY:
All interested applicants must submit a standard State Application Form STD 678 (with original signature), and must clearly indicate the basis of their eligibility in explanations section of the STD 678.
California State Personnel Board - 9 months ago