- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related, plus 4 years equivalent
- Exceptional written and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills for troubleshooting issues and creating
ability to deal with many levels of technical and business acumen
- Strong team player with effective interpersonal skills and the
- Strong time management skills and multi-tasking capabilities
- Ability to learn business rules governing multiple businesses and
- Ability to learn and master new software technologies and products
- Proficient in Requirements gathering
- Mentor Jr. team members
- Follow and enforce SDLC
The Software Engineer Senior is a high-level technical contributor in
one or more business area and a broad working knowledge of information
technology. This position enhance existing business applications and to
facilitate the definition of solutions to meet business requirements.
The Senior Engineer under minimal supervision works from specifications
to develop or modify moderately complex software applications. This role
assists with development of design specifications for the implementation
of new projects. The Software Engineer Senior modifies/maintains complex
existing software using releases and utilities from vendors.
1. Implement application systems software for use by OfficeMax
associates and customers.
2. Devise or modify procedures to perform maintenance of the systems
3. Upgrade existing software with new release levels, and apply
corrective service to fix software defects.
4. Provide functional and technical documentation for Jr. Developers
and business analysts.
5. Assist with coding, benchmark testing, debugging new software, and
makes enhancements to existing software.
6. Participate in the design of software addressing issues of
integration, and compatibility
7. Translate the business# requirements into specific systems,
applications or process designs for complex IT solutions and
8. Research development and production issues and works with technical
staff to understand and resolve software problems.
9. Follow required SDLC processes and master the rules governing one
10. May perform after-hours support on a rotating basis.
11. Demonstrate a commitment to OfficeMax core values.
12. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be
construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
OfficeMax - 22 months ago
This company is taking the office supply business to the max. OfficeMax is the #3 office products retailer in North America (far behind...