Senior Middleware Administrator-INF0001948
General Purpose of Position
Deploys, configures, manages, and troubleshoots multiple Weblogic and iPlanet/Sun One environments. Coordinates with management to establish middleware strategies and solutions. Coordinates activities with other technical personnel as appropriate. Leads the design, implementation, and maintenance of middleware solutions.
• Follows and enforces company's standardized work processes
• Ensures configurations are compliant with the company's technical security standards
• Develops strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application
• Upgrades, installs and troubleshoots middleware environments
• Develops and documents system standards for middleware environments
• Perform implementation, maintenance, remediation, and troubleshooting services for Weblogic and SunOne environments.
• Develop middleware installation and configuration standards and deployment methodologies
• Propose, design, and implement enhancements and additions to current environment.
• Assist in preparing business cases and price cost estimates for application development projects.
• Mentor fellow administrators on technical issues, standards and procedures.
• Assist in the growth and strategic planning of the middleware technology solutions.
• Manages continuous improvement of engineering, capacity management, delivery, and operational practices.
• Assist in developing engineering and operational service metrics with actionable plans to improve operational efficiency, enhance service quality/SLA, and optimize delivery.
• Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
• Demonstrated initiative, customer orientation and team work competencies
• Ability to communicate technical issues with non-technical people
• Experience supporting medium-to-large sized projects
• End-to-end understanding of systems development life cycle methodology
• Demonstrates a strong understanding product lifecycles as well as how technical systems work and interact
• Strong analytical skills and a solid understanding of all critical Production Support processes
• Must possess excellent quantitative and analytical skills with practical application
• Middleware design and analysis
• Application Servers: Oracle Weblogic Server and Tomcat
• Web Servers: Oracle iPlanet Web Server, Sun ONE Web Server, Apache
• Linux: Suse and Red Hat
• Knowledge of computer/network systems infrastructure requirements and standards
• Must be extremely flexible due to the changing priority of project initiatives
• Must possess superior interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
• Must have great attention to detail in planning and documentation
• Must be able to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure
- Bachelors Degree
- ITIL concepts strongly preferred
- 3-5 Years of experience
Primary Location: US-MI-Warren
Posting Date : Nov 5, 2012, 12:01:49 PM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology
Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world.
From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art plants...