Basic Qualifications:Experience Required:
- Review and summarization of the facility’s actual results and financial position on a monthly basis and preparation of various reports and analyses from those results. This may include assisting in the preparation and analysis of inventory usage and balance details, variances, management reporting packages, sales & use tax, and other ad hoc management reporting requirements.
- Participation in the development, consolidation and analysis of the Strategic Plan, annual sales and operating budget, labor and overhead rates, manufacturing cost standards, and quarterly forecast processes. Assist with the preparation of various reports that are reviewed by senior management.
- Perform analysis of potential financial impact of operational and managerial actions. Identify financial risk and cross-functional dependencies – recommend alternative course of actions. Summarize financial information in a format that effectively communicates outcome/scenarios to management.
- Maintain capital expenditures and fixed assets records and provide periodic reporting to management as required along with organizing periodic asset reviews/audits. Also involves establishing new capital projects in SAP and the conversion of CIP to fixed assets upon completion of projects.
- Active participation in the month-end closing process including journal entries, variance analysis, account reconciliations, and quarterly/annual reporting to meet deadlines.
- Provide advanced word processing support to the Finance department; create spreadsheets; maintain databases; provide telephone support, screening and routing as appropriate.
- Coordinate meetings; file; prepare purchase orders, code vendor invoices and obtain approval.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Economics is required.
- 2 or more years experience with financial analysis and cost accounting in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of general and cost accounting practices and general ledger
- Some knowledge with financial statement analysis, discounted cash flow, financial metrics
- Proficiency with an ERP system (SAP preferred)
- Familiarity with time and attendance and payroll processing flows / systems.
- Experience in internal control compliance with SOX and other legal and statutory requirements.
Required experience: 2 - 5 years
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of financial statements & core finance/accounting concepts.
- Strong analytical skills (budget vs. actual analysis, make vs. buy, lease vs. buy, DCF, etc.)
- Ability to compile, analyze, interpret, and present complex financial information such as standard product costing, variance analysis and reporting, inventory valuation.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and financial systems experience
- Demonstrates a high level of self initiative and bias for action in a deadline-oriented environment
- Willingness to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong organizational and planning skills
Minimum required education: Bachelor's Degree
Job category: Accounting, Insurance & Finance
Doostang - 3 years ago