The Street Outreach Worker is responsible for conducting street outreach, providing on the spot referrals, and supporting and providing resources to youth and adults who are homeless, runaway, and/or at high risk of becoming homeless and in need of case management, immediate shelter, meals, employment, and medical and or mental health services.
** This is a grant funded position. Renewal will be reviewed on a year to year basis **
1. Assists clients in locating and utilizing community resources including legal, medical, financial assistance, and other referral services
2. Completes patient/client/consumer intakes based on interviews with patients/clients/consumers, their families, significant others and appropriate community agencies
3. Counsels clients living in group homes and halfway houses; assists in pre-release and release planning
4. Implements and organizes the delivery of specific social services within the community
5. Implements life skills workshops and programs in behavior management, youth services, community and social services
6. Maintains contact with other social service agencies and health care providers involved with clients to provide information and obtain feedback on clients overall progress
7. Maintains program statistics for purposes of evaluation and research
8. Monitors patients/clients/consumers progress towards treatment goals
9. Prepares intake reports and case history records
10. Provides crisis intervention and emergency shelter services
11. Provides short-term case management and referral services to clients with emergency situations
1. Ability to coordinate and organize the delivery services.
2. Ability to interview consumers and/or families using established techniques.
3. Ability to develop client service plan to habilitate and rehabilitate client and assist client in attaining social, educational and vocational goals.
4. Ability to assist with individual counseling sessions.
5. Ability to develop, implement and facilitate workshops.
6. Ability to assess what training is needed.
Minimum Training & Experience: High school diploma or GED and two years experience in a social services related position.
Bachelor's degree in a social services related field.
One year at the lower level (SST010).
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications: Agency will screen on the preferred qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in a social services related field and one year of experience working with individuals with mental illness, substance abuse and/or the homeless population.
Will also require a valid driver's license and clean MVR.
Additional Information: To apply, click the red “ APPLY...Add to My Jobs! " button below and complete the on-line Application.
All qualified applications will be considered, but all applicants may not be interviewed. No notification will be sent to applicants except those who are selected for interviews.
Due to the large volume of applications received by our office, we are unable to provide information on the status of your application over the phone.
Applications materials should be filled out thoroughly and completely. It is very important to include all information relevant to meeting the minimum and preferred qualifications for the job. Please include the Job Title on the submitted materials.
Current State Employees who transfer from outside the MH/MR/SA system will not retain Employee Retirement System Membership.
Selected applicant will need to pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background.
For more information about this job contact: *
- Note: This contact may be able to provide answers to specific questions you have about this job posting. However, DO NOT e-mail or submit your application/resume to this contact unless directed otherwise in the "Additional Information" section above.
- 2 years ago - save job