The Aladdin trading and risk management system, used internally at BlackRock and by BlackRock Solutions clients, enables customers to manage over $10 trillion in financial assets. Aladdin is central to our technology strategy, unifying BlackRock by providing a common language and a central point of reference for our investment activities globally.
The Software Engineering Team is a global team of approximately 20 software engineers working across 6 core development locations around the world.
The group's key responsibilities are : documentation and promotion of best practices; facilitation of training and skill development; development and support of tools, frameworks, and core libraries; and consulting and troubleshooting. The team is therefore involved with working on a wide range of technologies, tools and frameworks creating great opportunities for enhancing and development new skills
- Maintain and establish software best practices to be used globally across the enterprise
- Develop and enhance core libraries which form the bedrock for all the firm's software development platforms
- Provide support and guidance to other developers across all development groups
- Provide new developers on-boarding and technical training
- Assist developers in debugging complex issues
BlackRock is proud to be an E-Verify & Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
- At least 3 years professional experience in Software Development
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- Software Development experience with Java 1+ years
- Strong understanding of the Unix operating system
- Build system tools, Ant, Ivy, nmake, Hudson and general dependency / library management knowledge
- Experience in Source Code Management, preferably using Subversion
- Ability to multitask, maintaining composure in high-visibility situations
- Clear and concise communication skills, both verbally and in writing. Interacts in a cooperative manner with co-workers from around the globe
- Effective at prioritizing, attention to detail, and ability to work both within a team and individually with minimal supervision
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Americas-United States-San Francisco
Apr 4, 2012, 12:42:34 PM
BlackRock - 13 months ago
Now this is the kind of coal you want in your stocking. BlackRock, with more than $3.5 trillion under management, is the world's larges...