We are looking for a driven software engineer to become part of our small, agile team based in San Francisco (other locations will be considered for excellent candidates) working on next-generation entertainment data sets. You will contribute directly to internal and customer-facing software. Here you'll get a chance to work in a fast-paced environment, learn on your feet, and perfect the data that drives entertainment products used by consumers around the world.
Skills & Requirements
- Write testable, performant Ruby code
- Design and implement new features and components
- Contribute to and grow our internal and external APIs
- Assist in maintaining and improving our data gathering and management infrastructure
- Proactively look for ways to make our software more scalable, reliable, and fun
- Several years experience developing applications in Ruby or Python
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack
- Experience with SQL databases
- Desire to learn new things and challenge yourself
- Experience writing web crawling software
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases
- Open source work and passion
About Tribune Media Services (TMS)
TMS is an international leader in entertainment information, providing industry-leading databases of TV, movie, and celebrity information for entertainment guides and applications that serve over 100 million consumers. Our customers and partners include innovators like Twitter, Roku, and Netflix as well as the top consumer electronics and cable companies, so you’ll have a chance to be a part of the evolution of the entire entertainment industry. What do we offer?
Truly satisfying work: If you like TV and movies, this is the place to have an impact on some of the biggest platforms out there. You’ll also have the chance to launch new products and take full ownership instead of working only on features like you might in a larger team.
A startup-like environment: Enjoy working in a small, autonomous team with smart, committed folks but without the grind of a startup.
Fun and perks: From board game lunches to go kart racing, Giants games, and Tough Mudder, we do plenty besides just working hard. And you get the perks of an established, profitable company - full health insurance, 401k, vacation, and of course a competitive salary.
joelonsoftware - 22 months ago